PDA

View Full Version : Talk show setup

lsuperguy
23rd April 2003, 19:15
Ok, there have been a lot of threads going around on pretaining to different ways to setup a call in show. What is the best way to do it? Which one works and is cheapest (ie free). I would like to know the whole setup too: software, hardware, phone hookup etc and internet voice chat if possible.

Thanks

Vchat20
24th April 2003, 01:18
if you wanna do just a talk show you might wanna check out www.alternacast.com

Sadfish
24th April 2003, 07:44
Apart from this gem on that website...

AlternaCast, Inc. is changing its business focus and will no longer support the Talk Radio service. We are actively engaged in transitioning Talk Radio to another provider so that our customers can continue experience the Internet's best broadcasting service in the near future.

Vchat20
24th April 2003, 11:43
eww. did not notice that. last time I visited there was like a month or so ago. was doing a small talk show for a game at that time. really went well. didnt know they were gonna switch.

DJHotIce
26th April 2003, 17:28
Vchat20: Huh what show were you doing over there? I used to be at alternacast.com

MStar
26th April 2003, 17:30
Midtown Madness 2, The Sims Online, Or Pokemon Online :P

Vchat20
26th April 2003, 17:44
I think the last one I did completely at alternacast was a Live chat with the developers of The Sims Online. sortof like the HoC chats they do, but in live audio.

DJHotIce
26th April 2003, 18:04
were you in it with advice man?

Vchat20
26th April 2003, 18:26
no, actually the idea started back when I was trying to run an online Radio for The Sims Online. I wanted to have a special show done regularly where a live audible chat would be done with the developers. but due to some issues with our server provider at the time and some of the DJ's the whole station was cancelled after about a month of uptime.

DJHotIce
26th April 2003, 18:27
oh I think I remember your station

Grashoper
6th May 2003, 06:25
Any other ideas for lsuperguy and I for talkcasting? As part of our format here at RadioDizzy we would like to do some talk (albeit new format to me) and I'm curious what the best way is to VoIP in callers. I have a mixer and know where to obtain land line conversion to an external mixer...I jus need help with pipeing in callers from VoIP and maybe some hint, tips and/or tricks to doin' talk radio.

Mike
RadioDizzy
www.dizzyqueen.org.uk

glbtQ radio for the new millennium and beyond

Vchat20
6th May 2003, 10:55
well, best thing I can suggest is to try all the VoIP programs out there and see which ones work with shoutcast.