PDA

View Full Version : The stupidest mistake ever. Password help...

Hotobu
24th April 2003, 07:28
...sigh yes I'm a "n00b", and I made a stupid (albeit I know very small) mistake.

In the "SHOUTcast source" window that you bring up in Winamp where it asks you for a password... I entered one but forgot what the hell it was, now I can't proceede any further. Can anyone help me out here?

[edit] ok, I found out what it the problem was. It was still set to "changeme" however that still brings up another problem. I don't see the notepad popup that HeatRadio said I should see in his startup FAQ for really changing it.

Also how do I send out my personal info if I want someone specific on AIM to listen?

Oh one last thing, how do some people get THOUSANDS of listeners, no one's bandwith is that good, there has to be something else I'm missing.

FesterHead
24th April 2003, 18:16
The password is defined in the DNASs sc_serv.ini/conf file.
Did you install a DNAS (SHOUTcast server)?

For the bandwidth question, see this thread (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131522) for an example.

Hotobu
24th April 2003, 19:44
Originally posted by festerhead
The password is defined in the DNASs sc_serv.ini/conf file.
Did you install a DNAS (SHOUTcast server)?

I understand that much, however once I open that .ini I don't see a place for me to edit the password.

...also that thread link may answer the how, but it doesn't gige info on how to go about trying to achieve anything close to that through possibly different channels.

FesterHead
24th April 2003, 19:46
From a stock sc_serv.ini/conf file:; Password. While SHOUTcast never asks a listener for a password, a
; password is required to broadcast through the server, and to perform
; administration via the web interface to this server. This server should
; consist of only letters and numbers, and is the same server your broadcaster
; will need to enter in the SHOUTcast Source Plug-in for Winamp. THIS VALUE
; CANNOT BE BLANK.
Password=changeme