PDA

View Full Version : Mixing/fading

bigplumbz
24th April 2003, 12:25
Ok, shoutcast is great, but I think it would be better (for me) if I could mix or at least fade songs into one another. I have tried to use Winamps fader but tbh it doesnt work! lol! (maybe i doing sumut wrong) Does anyone know of any programs to fade songs/mix them? I have been thinking of how to get CROSSFADER to work, but i think it is impossible as you need two winamps open, then you need to change betwen sources for output etc, deeming it pointless as it would break up between changes making mxing impossible anyway!
Also, does anyone know how to have music play in the background as you voice over on a mic? I have tried a few things but I am struggling at the moment. Here is my idea. Get a splitter on my snd Card line-in. the mic goes into the line-in as does a cable from line-out. You then constantly output from soundcard line-in and you can now have music in background aswell as your voice.....hmm...seems a little complex though doesnt it? any ideas on either point I would be very very much appreciative as would other producers/Dj's I know!
thanx guys!:igor: <--funny face!

DJ futura

FesterHead
24th April 2003, 18:11
The crossfading output plugin doesn't affect your stream unless you're in advanced/soundacrd mode. Alternatively, use a DSP stacker and load your crossfading plugin before your SHOUTcast DSP.

Check out the results from a SHOUTcast forum search (http://forums.winamp.com/search.php) on 'crossfade plugin'.

Note: Other search criteria may yield more results.

Also, check out the Sticky post titled:
SHOUTcast: Important Info & Answers to FAQs. READ ME!

Scroll down a bit and look for the section titled:
DSP Issues -> Using the Microphone with Music

rgATL
24th April 2003, 21:33
festerhead: does SAM2 take care of all that?

rg.

FesterHead
24th April 2003, 22:25
:up: Indeed.

rtp3
26th April 2003, 10:27
there is crossfading option in built into winamp. just go into the plugins part of preferences, and go to output, then configure directsound plugin.