PDA

View Full Version : Shoutcast favorite stations list?

emdkay
26th April 2003, 06:31
I want to be able to view a page of shoutcast stations that I select, and can be able to refresh the page to see what's playing on those stations only. Basically I want something like the search page, but only my favorite stations, make sense? Currently I have a bunch of icon shortcuts in a folder on my desktop, but that only shows me the station name and what kind of music they play obviously.

Jay
26th April 2003, 06:40
some have used www.radiotoolbox.com to do this sort of thing, if you do decide to use this, set the Touch Interval to something reasonable like 300 seconds, that way you aren't pounding their server.

emdkay
26th April 2003, 07:11
I finally figured out that radiotoolbox. Perfect, thanks!

emdkay
1st May 2003, 06:44
Radio toolbox has been serving me well, but I'm guessing some streams change their IP every day or so and they don't show up in the toolbox listing anymore. Are there any other programs/ways to list my favorites?

rkcpi
1st May 2003, 22:23
BTW, we have a little network, a few radio stations they are not all on-line 24/7.
I want to show on my webpage if they are on-line or not, possibly with some information (description, now playing ecc.).
Radiotoolbox can do this, or is there any other software ?

Thanks in advance,
Walbert

THE RADIOKRISHNA NETWORK
http://www.radiokrishna.com

Jay
2nd May 2003, 04:38
yea it can do that.

rkcpi
2nd May 2003, 22:26
Many thanks, it seems very suitable for my use.
I installed and tested it.

The first time I start radiotoolbox application, I receive:
1) Log Stored (Invalid login).
2) Script updated (my webpage is ok).

Next times, every 30 sec (or other touch interval), I receive:
1) Log Stored (Invalid login)
2) contacting script - connection time out

And my webpage is not updated (obviously).

If I exit and restart rtb, again I receive the same of the first time.

Same thing if I use my local webserver, that is not a real problem of connection.

Any suggestion, faq or documentation ?
Thank you.

Walbert

rkcpi
4th May 2003, 10:11
Emdkay,
you could simply write the domain instead the IP address.

Had you any problem with script update ?
I'm getting "connection timed out", but this
is not possible, connection is good.
What I'm wrong ?

Tks,
Walbert

Jay
4th May 2003, 12:19
well the Online log service is part of radiotoolbox, it saying Invalid Login shouldn't matter to you unless you have an online log account at log.radiotoolbox.com

i am puzzled about the contacting script problem, I have not seen this in my testing, not to say it isn't happening, but it's odd indeed. Where exactly are you seeing the Connection Timed out part? Use CTRL + C to view all of the status' of each part of radio toolbox, the one you'd be interested in is the Script Service. Also could you private message me your rtb.ini file, I'll take a look at your particular settings and see if I can duplicate this problem. Be sure to remove your passwords from the file.

rkcpi
4th May 2003, 20:25
Oh, I understood, no, I have no account on log.radiotoolbox.

I get timed out for script service on the status window.
Script page is http://www.radiokrishna.com/rtb/catcher.php

Privately I send you rtb.ini file, where you can see username and password to test the page, and a screenshot of the status windows.

Thank you,
Walbert

rkcpi
4th May 2003, 20:51
here is the screenshot.

rkcpi
7th May 2003, 23:22
Well, finally I'm ready to use FTP service, it's working fine.
Can anyone shortly explane the syntax for template file to extract information to be shown in my webpage ?
For example, <!-- RTB DESCRIPTION --> tag is used to extract default server's description, but how to extract all servers information ?
What syntax is used ?

Thank you

Walbert

Jay
8th May 2003, 03:52
could have sworn a placed a readme in there somewhere for this but anywho

http://www.radiotoolbox.com/docs/faq/index.php?p_id=1#28

not sure why you get the timeout I cannot duplicate. I will consider adding tags for other servers in your list for 1.0 to give it that finished feel :)

rkcpi
8th May 2003, 21:00
Sorry, I'm from Italy, don't understand English or American language very well.

May be I'm little out of topics, but I was meaning I would like to know the syntax to extract all server's information from the array, if possible:

======================================
This is a multidimensional array, n stands for the server number
server[n][0] = SERVER's IP AND PORT
server[n][1] = SERVER's TYPE (i.e. SHOUTcast, Nanocast, Icecast etc)
server[n][2] = SERVER's LISTENER COUNT
server[n][3] = SERVER's MAX LISTENER COUNT
server[n][4] = SERVER's BITRATE
server[n][5] = SERVER's STATUS (Online, Offline (No Source!) etc)
server[n][6] = SERVER's TITLE
server[n][7] = SERVER's CURRENT SONG
=======================================

Tks, Walbert

DJHotIce
8th May 2003, 21:07
hey Italy! Itallain Pride; you know I'm italian myself!!!

Jay
9th May 2003, 00:02
Originally posted by rkcpi
Sorry, I'm from Italy, don't understand English or American language very well.

May be I'm little out of topics, but I was meaning I would like to know the syntax to extract all server's information from the array, if possible:

======================================
This is a multidimensional array, n stands for the server number
server[n][0] = SERVER's IP AND PORT
server[n][1] = SERVER's TYPE (i.e. SHOUTcast, Nanocast, Icecast etc)
server[n][2] = SERVER's LISTENER COUNT
server[n][3] = SERVER's MAX LISTENER COUNT
server[n][4] = SERVER's BITRATE
server[n][5] = SERVER's STATUS (Online, Offline (No Source!) etc)
server[n][6] = SERVER's TITLE
server[n][7] = SERVER's CURRENT SONG
=======================================

Tks, Walbert oh are you wanting to write your own catcher script? if so you just read the array as it comes, it works just like a <form> in html in that it's posted to a script, so you get the data by name.

example: in php you if you have register globals on you can when the script get's called you will have the information available in an array called
$server
so to access the server ip for the first server in your list you would use $server[0][0] second server ip in the list $server[1][0]

of course this varies depending on the scripting language you write in.

emdkay
23rd May 2003, 08:17
Originally posted by rkcpi
Emdkay,
you could simply write the domain instead the IP address.

Had you any problem with script update ?
I'm getting "connection timed out", but this
is not possible, connection is good.
What I'm wrong ?

Tks,
Walbert

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank on this. How would I get a domain name from an IP address? For example, I want to add this station: EIR South Florida Dance: http://199.26.176.3:8100
Their web address is http://www.energyinternetradio.com/

It's not a shameless plug, I really would like to know how to add the domain name instead of IP into radio toolbox so I don't keep losing the station on my list.

thanks!

Jay
23rd May 2003, 09:45
radio toolbox doesn't track that way it needs an address to the actual server in order to track it. it's really more of a broadcasters tool then anything, maybe I should release my Radio toolbox Listener Edition version after all :)

emdkay
26th May 2003, 05:07
Originally posted by KXRM
radio toolbox doesn't track that way it needs an address to the actual server in order to track it. it's really more of a broadcasters tool then anything, maybe I should release my Radio toolbox Listener Edition version after all :)

You made a listener edition version, or is this a concept? If it's already done I'll be the first to volunteer as a beta tester :D I use radio toolbox constantly, it's always open.

Let me know if you have a trial I can mess around with.

Jay
26th May 2003, 10:32
no, it's not finished

emdkay
26th May 2003, 22:31
:cry:

emdkay
31st July 2003, 08:38
Any progress on a listener's version of radio toolbox?

<waits patiently>

emdkay
6th October 2003, 06:52
:-/

emdkay
26th October 2003, 23:37
:(