PDA

View Full Version : To Festerhead About Audiorealm

MStar
27th April 2003, 18:19
Festerhead, How Do I Activate The Make Money Links From My Broadcaster Page? They're Blacked Out And I'd Like To Make Some Money With My Radio Station.

FesterHead
27th April 2003, 18:22
Please contact the AudioRealm (http://www.audiorealm.com) folks (Bryan and/or Louis) about AR issues.

As fas as I know, that feature isn't available yet.

MStar
27th April 2003, 19:10
:eek: oh okay, I saw people on the forums that've made revenue off of it. Thanks Anyways!

rgATL
28th April 2003, 04:55
can you sign up for audio realm again? is it free?

rg.

FesterHead
28th April 2003, 07:22
I don't think AR turned off their registration feature. Currently, though, they aren't accepting anymore subscription streams.

The revenue option was once used for banner clicks and in stream advertisements.

rgATL
29th April 2003, 21:46
festerhead: can you elaborate on the difference between their "registration" and "subscription?"

What are the advantages to being registered and/or subscribed with AudioRealm? Most importantly, how does this all relate to paying royalties?

thank you,
rg.

FesterHead
29th April 2003, 23:30
You can "register" your station to be on the AR site, much the same as the SHOUTcast yp. There are other services available. Registration is free, easy, and painless.

The "subscription" streams allow us to pass on some of the costs of bandwidth and licensing/royalties to the listeners.

A "subscriber" to AR can listen to any of the "subscription" streams. I am a subscriber. Mostly, I listen to my own stream.

Note: The information contained in this reply may or may not be totally accurate. Please post the question(s) at the SpacialAudio forums (http://www.spacialaudio.com/forums/) for an answer from Bryan and/or Louis.

rgATL
30th April 2003, 02:45
thanks so much,

rg.

MStar
30th April 2003, 03:12
Fester, What Determines Your Rank On AudioRealm? I've Always Been Between 20-30. That's Kinda Good Cause It's Outta 160 Stations, But I'd Like To Know How To Change That Ranking. Today Your Station Shot Upto #1!

FesterHead
30th April 2003, 16:12
The subscription streams are listed before non-subscription streams.