PDA

View Full Version : uuhhh i got another problem:-/

OneofaKindGiant
28th April 2003, 02:00
i got past the other message but now its saying [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: 24.217.77.125:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out))

What should i do??!

rgATL
28th April 2003, 04:52
are you behind a firewall? (and/or cable/dsl router?...to let more than one computer in your house use the cable or dsl connection)

rg.

FesterHead
28th April 2003, 07:24
Just to add a little more (and a little of the same):

Check out the Sticky post titled:
SHOUTcast: Important Info & Answers to FAQs. READ ME!

Scroll down a bit and look for the section titled:
DNAS Stuff -> Errors -> Fixing [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx) from the Internet, disable NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out)

Are the necessary ports open in your firewall and are they being forwarded to the DNAS machine?

Check out http://www.radiotoolbox.com/cantheygetin and see if the reported information there helps.

OneofaKindGiant
29th April 2003, 00:56
Are the necessary ports open in your firewall and are they being forwarded to the DNAS machine?

umm im not quite sure what you mean by that??:confused:

FesterHead
29th April 2003, 02:19
Do you have a firewall?

Do you have a router?

OneofaKindGiant
29th April 2003, 23:45
I have a modem with a built in firewall....is there any way that i can turn that off? or is there any way that i can get the server to work even with that?

,thanks

FesterHead
29th April 2003, 23:54
I don't know your modem make/model.

Check out your modem documentation and/or modem manufacturers website.

Is your make/model in the FAQ?

Check out the Sticky post titled:
SHOUTcast: Important Info & Answers to FAQs. READ ME!

Scroll down a bit and look for the section titled:
Routers, Firewalls, and Networks. Oh My!