PDA

View Full Version : any apps that beatmix songs?

vice86
1st May 2003, 20:35
be nice if there was some software that automatically beatmixed to songs together...is there such a thing.

rgATL
2nd May 2003, 02:36
yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it......i don't know much about all that......maybe some of the "live DJ" types know....

rg.

BigDaddyK
2nd May 2003, 13:46
There are a variety of DJ mixing programs. Do a search on Google for some of the following:

Traktor
PCDJ
BPM Studio
OtsJuke
SAM2

or, you can just use a SQRsoft crossfader plugin for Winamp, which is quite good.

vice86
2nd May 2003, 15:37
Yeh...i use the Sqrsoft already...but i was wondering if there was a way to automatically mix two dance songs together by beat..like auto match the BPM on the slower/faster songs and stuff

BigDaddyK
2nd May 2003, 16:22
Traktor will do it for you. Check it out, it's a very good program.

Grashoper
6th May 2003, 01:58
Traktor is GREAT!!!! A deffinate must have in the dj's arsonal!

Mike
RadioDizzy
www.dizzyqueen.org.uk

glbtQ radio for the new millennium and beyound

rgATL
6th May 2003, 02:12
Traktor is good? Is it easy to use? I've never done any "club mixing" -- just radio (one track after another). Does it mix the beats automatically (or at least make it easier)? How about SAM2; where does it fall in the spectrum?

thanks,
rg.

Grashoper
6th May 2003, 06:48
Traktor isn't good..it's GREAT and easy to use. It does auto beatmix for you in fact it's one touch beatmixing. It's prolly THEE best dj proggie I've seen. I can't say enough good things about it. The ONLY bad thing about it is it's kinda costly. But you get what you pay for. Check it out at www.traktor-dj.com. It should have screen shots for ya. Kudos to Native-Instruments for a job VERY WELL done! I must say tho in all fairness I don't know anything about SAM2 and I just, the other day, heard about BPM. I went from not being able to mix two Donna Summer songs (now thats BAD!) to doing some absalutely seamless mixes with Traktor. A VERY wise investment in yer DJ toolbox full of goodies.

Humm I wonder if I get paid for this endorsement????

Mike
RadioDizzy
www.dizzyqueen.org.uk

glbtQ Radio for the new Millennium and beyond

global_groove6
6th May 2003, 07:23
SAM2 and sqrsoft don't beat match, they just crossfade. one fades out, the other fades in...the beats can be off. otsjuke has something like a beatmatching engine in it. it does pretty good most of the time.

robos99
6th May 2003, 18:29
actually otsjuke doesn't beat match....yet. currently they only do a fade between songs. it still sounds better than the winamp crossfader, but if your looking for beatmatching go with someone else, or wait for otsjuke release 2.0...that one will have beatmatching.

drivehell
8th May 2003, 16:15
I prefer PCDJ over Traktor...

but then again .. this is for live mixing... and cutting.. not "auto beatmatching" :/

DJHotIce
8th May 2003, 17:19
Yes PCDJ is some great software, includes an optional piece of hardware that will allow you to cue and play externally!!! Great stuff

I use PCDJ Red; I also use SAM2;

Comparison: SAM2 is a great radio show broadcaster yet no Beat Matching

PCDJ RED: Great for dj use. I would run a second computer and beat match that way If at all possible!!!

Good luck!

drivehell
8th May 2003, 21:29
It is very possible to mix with pcdj and an external mixer.

You can do it equally as well with just two sound cards and use the built in software mixer.

Both are nice setups and work just like working with real tables or a cdj.. except it is less 'hands on'.

I think if you are serious about djing it is important to learn how to beatmatch without software aids.

DJHotIce
8th May 2003, 21:33
true true; great dj's (not me) can beatmix w/o the guide of software; however you can't beat the auto pitch cal to do it wit, I'd kinda figure that beatmatching by ear would be pretty dang hard!

But you know I have plenty of time to learn all dat! But you are so right about learning beat mixing, but however it should be used only as a teaching aid!

drivehell
9th May 2003, 01:00
it's really not that hard.. ;) If you listen to enough live mixes you can even get a feel for what the djs are doing.. and the replicate it on your own

vice86
26th August 2007, 16:50
MixMeister is actaully an easy to use beatmixing program. Made a couple mixes and sounds really good

drivehell
26th August 2007, 18:27
Wow.. you rehashed a 4 year old thread hehe..

These days you can find playlist applications (such as SAM4) that do auto-beatmixing on the loaded playlist. Most of them let you set several cue points (i.e. intro, outro)... the also let you set and have auto bpm counter on them. I think some of them have a fully automatic mode as well. Most of them work well with house, trance, and similar dance music.

vice86
26th August 2007, 22:18
Originally posted by drivehell
Wow.. you rehashed a 4 year old thread hehe..

These days you can find playlist applications (such as SAM4) that do auto-beatmixing on the loaded playlist. Most of them let you set several cue points (i.e. intro, outro)... the also let you set and have auto bpm counter on them. I think some of them have a fully automatic mode as well. Most of them work well with house, trance, and similar dance music.

lol..well only cuz Google Alert came up with this link for my screen name...so i thought I'd reply in it..but yeah, wow..4 years ago already!

Ill have to try the SAM4 you're talking about.

djfly2007
30th August 2007, 14:36
Virtual DJ!!!!!! TRUST ME!!!! It does it ALL!

airmedia
2nd September 2007, 23:55
ots dj new version is awesome

drivehell
3rd September 2007, 08:00
Originally posted by vice86
4 years ago already! [/B]

lol yeah -- doesnt seem that long at all does it? :D :up:

FUNKMASTER
4th September 2007, 16:17
Originally posted by airmedia
ots dj new version is awesome

And so is the price $349.95 :eek:

djTumor
19th October 2007, 13:00
I have used both Traktor and Virtual DJ. I found VDJ to be much more user friendly. I think Traktor has too many knobs and switches and can be confusing.
I had always used Winamp but I wanted something that read bpm so I could put the right songs together when I have the floor going. It's much easier to keep it up when you have good mixes and transitions. :)

Nick@ss
19th October 2007, 21:28
Traktor is god :)

it will run on a decent soundcard with monitor and stream the live channels as if you had your very own decks :)

Wavestreaming
20th October 2007, 12:18
I've done some work with MixMeister recently, for both radio, production and in night clubs & bars. Its a good bit of kit and the new version has some great features.

The only downside is its almost like 'producing' music and takes away the live-ness of it all, you can't really play around with stuff in realtime like you can with decks or other software and everything has to be pre-done a few minutes before hand. Guess it depends on your style etc. Beat matching wise, its 99% perfect - it does have problems with VBR files though.

Traktor is also good, i've played with it several times before - again, its come on leaps and bounds since the thread was started, it has a vast amount of features for looping and effects etc.

fc*uk
20th October 2007, 12:49
What ever happened to the 'old school' way of doing it? You know, BEFORE the computer software. :confused:

zee100
20th October 2007, 13:14
Originally posted by FUNKMASTER
And so is the price $349.95 :eek:

Released as OtsAV for $299 including Automated Beatmixing, Video, Karaoke plus Scheduling & Logging.

Try the free version for testing on otsav.com

Muis
27th October 2007, 16:29
OtsDJ or AV Rocks!
(Trying to find out if I can webcast the video output)

But check out Torq from m-audio!

With Trakor I suggest Lemur.