PDA

View Full Version : Web Hosting

rgATL
6th May 2003, 02:49
Well, I'm back on the web hosting question...

Can anyone suggest a good web host? I'm looking for somewhere to handle large amounts of traffic, provide POP email, support dynamic pages (asp, cgi, php), and give stats. (Yeah, CHEAP is great too. ;))

So...who's your host? what do you get? how much do you pay?

The best package I've found (at an unbelievable price) has been http://www.ehostsource.com/ What do you all think?

Thanks for your help,
rg.

JE JaggedEdge
6th May 2003, 02:53
Hey Ra,

JE here. I use www.Intense-servers.com. I have the cheapest package available. You could always talk to your "stream host" that I referred u to. They do we hosting and i'm sure he will give u a good hookup deal. I have a backup account with them and it's very stable. hey have everything you need and want.

JE

Jay
6th May 2003, 02:55
www.xeran.com has been the best I have found, the price is higher but they allow you to customize every aspect of apache and give you access to it's configuration files as well as raw logs. They also have never complained to me about usage, they claim that it's unmetered and unlimited, but do have a disclaimer on that. Unlimited everything exept they cap you at 300MB of space. No ASP support but support the other languages, 1 MySQL database and everything else you see on that page.