PDA

View Full Version : Perfect DNAS host ?

svanneste
7th May 2003, 17:52
Hello,

I apologize if my English isn't good enough, I am French.

We are trying to find the perfect DNAS host to be able to make massive radio broadcasting.

I think that we will encode 24 Kbps mono. :winamp:

Do you have any information ? For my part I am a bit disappointed by the offers I found using the search engines : the providers found always talk about number of users and their plans are based on the number of listeners. :down:

But for our part, we don't really know about the number of listeners because we are just planning to start.

Best regards,

Samuel

PS: if you want to call me, send a fax or an e-mail, my time zone is GMT+2

FesterHead
7th May 2003, 18:13
Some third party DNAS hosting (http://www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts/)

svanneste
7th May 2003, 18:18
Added : this is not a solution, the major hosts are providing per user renting. Only one is based on a monthly fee...

SV
------------
Hello Festerhead,

Thanks for the link. I never found it before you advised me.

Samuel

DJ AmPs
7th May 2003, 23:00
They are all monthly, using teh same price structure. You decide on how many listeners the server should handle, and pay monthly accordingly.

svanneste
7th May 2003, 23:03
Hello DJ AmPs,

Thanks for your reply but how to know the listeners we can have starting from the ground :
1) if we choose a maximum and don't reach this level we lost money,
2) if we choose an amount and that it is unsufficient we won't allow people to listen the web radio.

This is my problem and what I do not understand.

Samuel

DJ AmPs
7th May 2003, 23:10
Unfortunately this the case we al face. I suggest starting low, and go with a host than can increase capacity as needed. For instance my host (fast-serv) was quick to increase my listenermax mid-month. I would assume most hosts wouldn't mind doing this at an extra fee of course.

svanneste
7th May 2003, 23:28
Many thanks DJ AmPs,

I am contacting your provider.

Samuel

JE JaggedEdge
7th May 2003, 23:34
Hi,

If you want a really good provider, it's not one found on RTB or on this baord. I GUARANTEE execllent TOP OF THE LINE SERVICE that no one else can provide. PM me and let me know and I will give u the contact info for a few good ones.

JE

DJ AmPs
9th May 2003, 20:42
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JE JaggedEdge
Hi,

If you want a really good provider, it's not one found on RTB or on this baord. I GUARANTEE execllent TOP OF THE LINE SERVICE that no one else can provide. PM me and let me know and I will give u the contact info for a few good ones.

JE [/QUOTE

I beg to differ, there are very good stream hosts on the RTB listing. Definately not all of them, but several are top-notch.

]

svanneste
9th May 2003, 21:03
>there are very good stream hosts on the RTB listing

I do totally agree. This thread should be closed now before anyone can make its own promotion.

SV