PDA

View Full Version : DJ Scheduling Question

carbonke
7th May 2003, 21:40
Soon I will be in need for DJs, but what do I have to do actually when I schedule the DJs.

Do I have to give them that one password I have for the radio broadcast and hope that I don't have a bad person trying to 'hack' into my broadcast between DJ change?

Is there a way to let DJs have their own password? Or is there a better way to have DJs broadcast on a shoutcast radio station?

tks,
Kevin.

DJHotIce
7th May 2003, 21:55
nope but you can change it to where you have an admin pass. This'll work great!

if you have more problems, or if you wanna know how to do this let me know!

carbonke
8th May 2003, 06:08
If I understood right, I can do an admin pass and a broadcaster pass?
How do I do that, please?

tks,
Kevin.

DJHotIce
8th May 2003, 11:12
Yes; Look here http://forums.talksoftnetwork.com and click on the Shoutcast help page, then find a post called "Config 411"
then lastly look for the topic admin pass, also this'll tell you pretty much everything about the shoutcast server! Good reading!!

I hope its up because at the time of this reading its currently down for some strainge reason, but hopefully I'll be p soon!

FesterHead
8th May 2003, 16:09
Or, check out your DNASs sc_serv.ini/conf file for the section:; AdminPassword. This password (if specified) changes the
; behavior of Password to be a broadcast-only password, and
; limits HTTP administration tasks to the password specified
; here. The broadcaster, with the password above, can still
; log in and view connected users, but only the AdminPassword
; will grant the right to kick, ban, and specify reserve hosts.
; The default is undefined (Password allows control for both
; source and admin)
; AdminPassword=adminpass

If you turn on this feature, make sure to change the password and remove the comment designator ( ; ) from the front of the line.

drivehell
8th May 2003, 16:09
the ideal thing to do is to have a "jukebox" playing while you have no live djs.. and when you have a live show.. login using your admin pass..

and then kick the jukebox to allow the dj to connect.

Once the dj is quits, if you have the autoreconnect timer set on your shoutcast dsp, it will reconnect automatically.

carbonke
8th May 2003, 18:21
Thank you all for your kind help!

Kevin