PDA

View Full Version : Two Connections From Same IP ...

tHe_OwL
11th May 2003, 02:01
Upon checking the log I've noticed at times 2 connections from the same IP address without any disconnections between them - anyone have any ideas as to how or why this may be? Just curious ...

Also I have a new stream and would appreciate any feedback as to quality of the stream, buffering, etc...

Any comments welcome

Rockin' Oldies Radio (http://12.162.180.142:8000/listen.pls)

Thanks
tHe_OwL

FesterHead
11th May 2003, 03:20
Probably be two folks on the same lan with one gateway ip.

matt2kjones
13th May 2003, 03:37
yea the ip address is probably shared with a few users and two of the users on the lan have both connected to your stream

wow, if u are getting two people on the same lan connecting then ur station must be popular

im lucky if i get one person on the whole net to connect ;)

musicnetfm
13th May 2003, 19:15
I usually get the same thing

soulful1
14th May 2003, 03:37
Hate to bust your bubble, but I'm pretty sure (not positive) that they are ripping your stream. If you kick the second IP it will reconnect instantly. Everytime I see this in my tail logfile, I ban that ip. Each time I do this, the offending machine tries to reconnect. Many times for hours.

soulful1

rgATL
14th May 2003, 04:05
Hmmm, could just be regular-old-Winamp set to reconnect at disconnect. Banning may be a bad idea; you could be losing listeners. If people are ripping your stream, you can't do all that much about it...

rg.

soulful1
14th May 2003, 04:44
Yes but if they connect for less than 2 minutes and you ban them would they really sit there for 2 hours and wait for the regular winamp reconnect?? This happens all the time. Try it for yourself.

soulful1

dirtysouthradio
14th May 2003, 08:18
lol its like this say u have 50 people work in a office bulding if they all log on yo your radio station u will se 50 isp the same be like what the fuck lol i tought this was haping to me i would see these same isp 15 of them a day...i was like man how the hell so i banded the isp lol come to find out my boy works soem office bulding had every 1 working and tuned in to the station so i unbaned the isp lol i really tought some one was hacking in to my computer

ina office bulding all computer are usley sent to one computer then out to the net so its hard to hack them back