PDA

View Full Version : Made a free xml parser

matt2kjones
13th May 2003, 11:00
Last night i was bored

I made a free shoutcast xml parser which will be free to use

its very configurable, and very easy to install.

you simply set whether you want it to show:

Station Title
Max Listers
Current Track
Previously played tracks

and so on

if anyone would like to test it please let me know here. Once its been tested with a few people i will put it up for download by everyone

:)

ps, im also working on a web based shoutcast administration panel, where u can remotly login and change max listeners, password, port, etc etc, if people are interested in that as well then that should be available tomorrow some time.

then finally, at the end of this week i will finish a web admin panel for sc_trans as well. (but im waiting for a new version of sc_trans because the current one has issues with ID3 tags and Public on/off function)

Anyway let me know, all scripts are free to use and distribute, as long as you dont take the credit for making it ;)

DJHotIce
14th May 2003, 22:01
You just keep giving and giving to the shoutcast forums don't you man!

matt2kjones
14th May 2003, 22:43
i try ;)

anyway this script is now running and being tested on my site. so far so good.

all the options in the config file turn features on and off accordingly so all thats working

all i need to do now is the graphics for it, but i may need some help with that (im a coder, not a designer ;)) so if anyone wants to be part of a open source group who make scripts for shoutcast then let me know here

you only need designing skills, not coding, as i will do that.

oh one last thing, script is running here: http://www.thedigitaldream.co.uk/tddstats/

very basic at the moment and deffinently not the final look. waiting for a designer to help out with graphics :)

anyway, version 1 Beta 1 available to download as soon as the graphics are done :)

bigoldoak
19th May 2003, 07:00
i have been looking for a way to display only the current track and how many current listeners/max listeners within a php-nuke website as a block or within my header, this looks ideal, how far on are you with this and will u be offering it for donwload soon? i dont need graphics ;D

matt2kjones
19th May 2003, 07:18
ok then, since you only want the script itself, with no graphics then u can download it today.

however, contact me with how u want it to look, ie, station heading, then current track, etc.

and i will send you the working code :)

edenraiyne
19th May 2003, 22:07
I am looking for something that will show the current song, the last few songs played and how many people are currently listening. I've looked everywhere for a script that will do that.

Jay
19th May 2003, 22:19
Originally posted by edenraiyne
I am looking for something that will show the current song, the last few songs played and how many people are currently listening. I've looked everywhere for a script that will do that. obviously you haven't looked everywhere cause you haven't looked here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82943

Hooje
19th May 2003, 22:26
Originally posted by matt2kjones
ok then, since you only want the script itself, with no graphics then u can download it today.

however, contact me with how u want it to look, ie, station heading, then current track, etc.

and i will send you the working code :)

hi i'd like to test your script please!

Can you email it?

Hooje@LoveTheWeekend.com

thanks! :up:

edenraiyne
19th May 2003, 22:49
I want to be able to post it on my webpage for people to see.

Jay
19th May 2003, 23:06
Originally posted by edenraiyne
I want to be able to post it on my webpage for people to see. *crips*

let me list them then.

- PHP based XML Parser
XML parser in PHP - to mimic the old functionality of MusicTicker (you put this on your website and it uses PHP to interface with SHOUTcast and get the stats.)

- JavaScript Title parser

- Dstjohn's Shoutcast Status
SHOUTcast Status is a xml parsing script that opens a socket connection to a Shoutcast streaming server. Current stats enabled are: Current song, last 5 songs, current listeners & the ability to add all xml stats available in SHOUTcast. (same thing with this one)

- Radio Tool Box
while this one doesn't have a description I happen to develop it, it runs on your windows desktop and updates via a script or FTP your website with statistical information, examples of this can be found at www.xrmradio.com/electronic/mb_interact.php

- ShoutcASP
shoutcASP is a set of ASP scripts (Active Server Pages, Microsoft's dynamic web content system) for IIS Server, a plugin for Winamp, a VBS script, database and a couple of COM Objects. In combination they allow you to automate and administrate your Winamp based SHOUTcast station remotely via a web server running on your broadcasting box. Cost $50 (this is a little more sophisticated and probably a bit too much for what you want)

- Pakkasherra
Shoutcast not required. Sends system information to your website via FTP from which you can include to your html documents with SSI.

- Now playing
Writes to text file. Form there this can be uploaded to a FTP and parsed on the server end.

- Winamp Sig
Writes to text file. Form there this can be uploaded to a FTP and parsed on the server end

maybe I am missing something but most of these tools: show the current song, the last few songs played and how many people are currently listening.

matt2kjones
20th May 2003, 14:09
Ok Version 1, Beta 1 released, 20th of may, 2003

This Version only allows you to do the following:
Show the Current Track Playing
Show the Previous Tracks Played.

Download it here:
http://www.thedigitaldream.co.uk/software/crystal_stats/Crystal_Stats_V1_Beta1.zip

How to install:
Unzip the archieve, edit the crystal_stats_config.php file, and type in your server ip, or host (maybe you use no-ip??? if so type that) along with your server port number and server password.

Then, simply include the index.php file in any document you wish to show the stats, or, just point a link to the index file.

Dont rename any of the images, or the crystal_stats_config file. You can rename the index file.

This is a rushed release. In the config file you will see all the features that are comming soon. The only reason this is released now was because i have had over 30 emails asking for it.

Version 1, Beta 2 will be out in a few days, which will contain all the features.

Email bugs, or feature requests to matt2kjones@thedigitaldream.co.uk as soon as you find them. The quicker i hear about them, the quicker i can fix them.

I designed this script to be easy to use. If you think this script is too difficult to understand, or know a way i could make it simpler, then go ahead and let me know, as i want u guys and girls to be able to install this without pestering the mods how to use it ;) joke :P

This version is running on my site as an example: http://www.thedigitaldream.co.uk/tddstats/

Thanx and enjoy!

Pies
5th June 2003, 21:03
Just a small bug you might not know about...
I moddified the script slightly, so it may just be my implementation of it. I removed the 'echo' parts of the index.php and included what was left into my page, then echoing the variables where I wanted them.
However, when a song title contains an apostophe (') everything before it is disgarded. For example, "The Datsuns - Sittin' Pretty" becomes "Pretty", and "The Flaming Lips - She Don't Use Jelly" becomes "t Use Jelly".

Any help would be great.

matt2kjones
5th June 2003, 21:06
i am aware of this bug

php xml parser is very picky on what it likes/dislikes

it use to have the same problem with & signs but i fixed that

i will be releasing a new version of the script probabvly tomorrow, which fixes the ' bug

Thanx for the bug report

Matt

Pies
5th June 2003, 21:08
No problem, thanks for the quick reply!

DJHotIce
6th June 2003, 16:50
is this crystal stats v1.1 beta 3?

matt2kjones
6th June 2003, 20:36
current version is beta2

the fixwhich fixes the bug with be beta3

then when i add the new features the new version will be v1.2 (not a beta cos im confident all bugs have been found now)

DJHotIce
6th June 2003, 20:38
I think I ment for it to be said. Does this mean beta 3's comming out soon? Also I think I posted some where else a feature request. Email me beta three and I'll put it on my web server. Beta two allready is. its at http://request.talksoftnetwork.com under the Goodies link :)