PDA

View Full Version : Shoutcast DSP Remote Control

carbonke
13th May 2003, 22:48
I have setup my Shoutcast DSP Plugin to play until a DJ is scheduled to start broadcasting.

The problem lies with stopping and starting my source by the DJ himself. I prefer not to give my shoutcast server admin password to the DJ to kick my source stream. Also I am not available all the time to disconnect and reconnect my source stream.

Is it possible to use ASP, so that the DJ just logs in to my computer website and clicks on disconnect link. After he finishes his transmission he could click on a connect link again.

Is there any other way, maybe a software that does this, similar to a remote control server for winamp?

tks,
Kevin.

WickedKarma
16th May 2003, 14:18
no software to my knowledge is available to do what you ask...
If you have a problem giving your DJ the admin password perhaps you should re-evaluate the way you set up streams during downtime..
ie...taking turns ;)
the only thing your dj can do with the admin password is ban/reserve ip's...and tail/look at log files...its no biggy...

WKL

carbonke
16th May 2003, 14:33
I was thinking... if I can kick my source stream from the admin page, is there a way to actually put that same link or similar on another page like my website? Would make it easier for my Radio DJs.

For it to reconnect I will then have to use its reconnect checkbox on my shoutcast dsp plugin and let it keep trying until the DJ stops broadcasting.

tks for your help,
Kevin.

Vchat20
18th May 2003, 01:22
yeah. you can do the kick link on a web page. but please do not make that page public or you are going to be in a deal of trouble. best thing is to run that page off of your own computer using a very simple webserver like
AnalogX's Simpleserver:WWW (http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/sswww.htm).

carbonke
18th May 2003, 19:36
Of course I will have to put up a DJ Page on my website and password lock it, hehehe, do not want anyone to keep kicking my source stream for fun :)

Do you know how the link should be to kick the source stream from my website?

tks,
Kevin.

Vchat20
18th May 2003, 19:40
im not exactly sure. it is something like admin.cgi?pass=password&kicksrc or something like that. might wanna check the link on the DNAS page.

carbonke
18th May 2003, 20:03
Many Thanks for your help. At least I know what the link may look like, so I can research on that and hopefully make that work.

tks,
Kevin.