PDA

View Full Version : current song info

mtec89
22nd May 2003, 03:25
how can i put the current song info bitrate title artist ect, the radio station and current users on a webpage

FesterHead
22nd May 2003, 06:52
Check out the Sticky post titled...
SHOUTcast: Important Info & Answers to FAQs. READ ME!

Scroll down a bit and look for the section titled...
General SHOUTcast Information -> SHOUTcast ToolBox (All sorts of nifty add-ons for SHOUTcast)

1. The PHP based XML parser is a complete solution and comes ready for you to customize.

2. The Javascript parser (actually ASP) is another complete solution and comes ready for you to customize.

Also, for an html implementation, check out:
KXRM's RadioToolbox (http://www.radiotoolbox.com/docs/?p_id=1)
Oddsock's Do Something DSP plugin (http://www.oddsock.org/tools/dosomething/)

mtec89
22nd May 2003, 21:34
i dont have php or asp support

just plain html

Jay
22nd May 2003, 21:59
check out do something or radiotoolbox they do not require PHP or ASP just an FTP server.

PC Radio Net
22nd May 2003, 23:25
In case anyone didn't know, Do Something has been out of servie for quite some time now, and since I don't have an FTP server, I guess I'm stuck without a way to show the current song.

invis
22nd May 2003, 23:35
Hmm.. PC Radio, thats not true... What kind of system are you running your website off of? Do you have CGI access? Do you have PHP? Can you run background processes on it? Let me know, I think I can provide you a solution no matter what your case may be ;)

PC Radio Net
22nd May 2003, 23:39
My website is on brinkster.com's Free plan. I found something that might work, but i have to pay to use it. That's my problem. any service I run on my website has to be free, or I can't afford it.

mtec89
23rd May 2003, 01:45
ok, i just transfered all my files to an apache distribution, i have php now... perl too

what is the codes i put on my site?

FesterHead
23rd May 2003, 02:28
mtec89, See the first reply to this thread.

PC Radio Net, point to your DNAS (it's free).

mtec89
23rd May 2003, 02:40
ok i got do somthing

i looked at the help file
i cant figure out how to put the info on mysite...
if its the XML thing i dont know the info its asking for