View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper
30th September 2003, 17:02
Anyone know where i can find a patch to make this compatible with windows XP?
And not fucking dungeon keeper 2, fucking everywhere i look is that god damned game when i want the first one.
30th September 2003, 17:37
Does it have a DOS installation routine?
If so, you might find this (http://home.earthlink.net/~infernofilecabinet4/XpSetupsP_T/rtz_setup.htm) XP installation guide for another game useful.
Basically, the procedure consists of:
1) locating the install.exe on the game CD and right-clicking
2) checking all the boxes in the compatibility tab, except for "run this program in compatibility mode"
3) Setting all the memory usages under the memory tab to maximum.
4)Running install.exe to install the program.
5) Once installed, you'll need to undergo the same procedure for the game executable.
6) If this all works, you'll likely need VDMSound for sound to work right.
7) If you're really psychotic, you can do the windows install, change all the shortcuts and delete the windows install.
Also: I've no guarantee that this works. It is a procedure that has worked miraculously on many of my out of date games. In addition, most Windows/DOS games don't allow for the transferal of saved games, so that any saved data from a windows game probably won't work under this installation.
1st October 2003, 14:20
Ask me nice and I'll send you an ISO of the Gold edition.
(Xp compat + expantion pack)
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.