View Full Version : Minor cosmetics
31st August 2004, 07:11
I do apologise if these concepts have been brought up before - I did search for about an hour before posting. My 200MHz desktop forces me to use Winamp's classic skin, and I have a couple of suggestions to improve its interface.
1. From the Equaliser's "Preset" button, change the items "Load", "Save" and "Delete" from sub-menu options to buttons on the subsequent pop-up window.
- Useful for finding elusive presets, and for deleting multiple (trashy?) presets.
2. For Winamp's integration with Windows Explorer (right-clicking supported filetypes), offer a 'cascaded submenu' option for the items "Play in Winamp", "Enqueue in Winamp" and "Add to Winamp's Bookmark list", in the style of WinZip, WinRAR, etc.
- Would reduce the clutter in the right-click menu.
31st August 2004, 07:19
1. I doubt that's ever gonna happen, since it would break thousands of classic skins. They would be useless if something like that changed.
2. Would be nice; but IF it's gonna be implemented, I'd like to see it as an option. I like the play and enqueue options to be accessible immediately instead of using a submenu (btw: as far as I know, the DEFAULT action cannot me in a submenu (i.e. play or enqueue). In that case, a submenu would save you the space of only one entry in the right-click menu.)
31st August 2004, 07:20
1. Buttons? What do you mean exactly.
If you mean anything which involves a bitmap/graphic, then no, it's not possible . . . not without breaking the entire classic skin database (ie. they will ALL need updating to include these button graphics).
2. Has been mentioned before, and would be relatively simple to implement . . . but I guess the devs prefer it the way it is (I know I do anyway) . . . but an option would be nice I suppose. It's probably do-able by editing a couple of reg keys/strings, and I might look into this at some point later today....
31st August 2004, 07:37
1. No, nothing graphic. Simple buttons like Windows' OK and Cancel.
Four buttons ("Load", "Save", "Delete", "Close") to replace the "Load"/"Cancel", "Save"/"Cancel", "Delete"/Cancel" buttons that currently exist.
I'm advocating integrating all 3 options into one dialog box (rather than 3 unique dialog boxes that display the same list of presets). Since the major change occurs in the subsequent window (which is unskinned... er, as far as I know), the only change to the EQ would be nuking the menu that opens upon clicking "Preset", which again is unskinned (I hope).
The point is, to allow browsing presets to find those long-lost goodies; and to allow multiple preset selection for deletion.
2. Gotcha. Saving one menu entry may not be worth the bother. I'd like the option, though.
31st August 2004, 08:11
1. Ok, I see. I misunderstood you in my first reply. Integrating the load/save/delete boxes into one makes sense, I think... I hardly ever use the EQ presets though, so I don't have any further considerations ;)
(btw, those boxes are unskinned)
31st August 2004, 23:06
2. This is possible to do through the registry, though I wouldn't personally know how to do it :p. I don't think it's possible through the far too simple Windows File Associations dialog. :(
9th September 2004, 10:35
1. Yoohoo! Possible?
2. Sorry for bringing this up again, but besides the default action (either "Play..." or "Enqueue..."), the submenu also offers a crummy "Open" action, thereby cluttering the right-click menu with FOUR entries. As such, isn't possible to throw three (or any) of them into a cascaded submenu? Pleez?
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.