PDA

View Full Version : Access Violation Error

E Bennett
26th May 2000, 02:26
I have a Pentium 100 with 94 megs of ram.
I'm running Windows NT4,Service Pack 5.
When opening certain MP3 files with Winamp,I get an error message from DR Watson for Windows NT.It says "An application error has occurred in Winamp.exe.
Exception:Access violation (0xc0000005),
address:0x010f15cc.It then closes out the program.
I downloaded the latest version (2.62) and the same thing happens.
If I open the "same mp3 file" with Adaptec's built-in player, everything's fine.
If I use MusicMatch Jukebox4, everything's fine.
It only happens with Winamp.
Any suggestions??

RedeemeR
3rd June 2000, 07:56
Dr Watson blows, delete it.

mrwinky
3rd June 2000, 15:35
I have a Pentium III 266 running NT4-SP4. I get the same error, having downloaded Winamp 2.63. My previous version of Winamp (release unknown, now overwritten by 2.63) worked great. Anybody know the cause or what fixes it?

QUOTE]Originally posted by E Bennett:
I have a Pentium 100 with 94 megs of ram.
I'm running Windows NT4,Service Pack 5.
When opening certain MP3 files with Winamp,I get an error message from DR Watson for Windows NT.It says "An application error has occurred in Winamp.exe.
Exception:Access violation (0xc0000005),
address:0x010f15cc.It then closes out the program.
I downloaded the latest version (2.62) and the same thing happens.
If I open the "same mp3 file" with Adaptec's built-in player, everything's fine.
If I use MusicMatch Jukebox4, everything's fine.
It only happens with Winamp.
Any suggestions?? [/QUOTE]

datz
23rd June 2000, 05:08
NT4/sp6 on dual 550MHz/Abit BP6 mb/128meg. I have the same problems.. in fact so severe (BSoD w/ COMLETE system lock on any playlist song change) that I have resorted to using version 2.10. works great.

Actually, I'd really like to find an older version, as the old ones really were much more stable in my experience. 2.10 is the earliest that I can find, and it is pretty stable except for display problems when playing VBR encoded files. Best of all, it doesn't crash my system. This system is usually on 24/7 and goes w/o rebooting for weeks at a time.

It would be great if Nullsoft could maintain an archive of vintage Winamp apps.. just for this reason.