PDA

View Full Version : Advertising in your Broadcast

RWElphinstone
19th October 2006, 20:02
Ok - I did a search for 'advertising' information, and found a lot of rules about not putting advertising into your forum posts. (Makes sense - people would be here forever saying "listen to my Shoutcast! Hit my site! Yadda, yadda.")

Here's my question: Is there a rule on advertising content on your broadcast?

For example, if I'm playing ten tracks of music, and then there's a 30 second commercial saying, "Hit my website at www.blahblahblah" or something, is THIS against the rules?

If it is, can someone throw me a link to 'The Rules'? I'd happily read them, if they're around.

Thanks!

RadioRevolt
19th October 2006, 21:28
no in fact on the forum in my sig other stations are dicussing on air ads. Shoutcast does not have anything against ads in their TOS, far as I know. You can sell all the ads you want.

if im wrong someone please clear this up.

tuckerm
19th October 2006, 21:36
Originally posted by RWElphinstone
Ok - I did a search for 'advertising' information, and found a lot of rules about not putting advertising into your forum posts. (Makes sense - people would be here forever saying "listen to my Shoutcast! Hit my site! Yadda, yadda.")

Here's my question: Is there a rule on advertising content on your broadcast?

For example, if I'm playing ten tracks of music, and then there's a 30 second commercial saying, "Hit my website at www.blahblahblah" or something, is THIS against the rules?

If it is, can someone throw me a link to 'The Rules'? I'd happily read them, if they're around.

Thanks!

Your station, your rules.

RWElphinstone
19th October 2006, 22:13
Originally posted by tuckerm
Your station, your rules.

Simple, and to the point. That rocks. Thanks to Tuckerm and RadioRevolt! (...and in advance, to anyone else who posts more info!)