PDA

View Full Version : Shoutcast radio list

SKBrown
26th October 2006, 05:19
I much prefer the old Shoutcast radio list and had saved the old gen_ml.dll (520KB) file dated 01-06-06 to substitute for the newer such file that is installed each time I upgrade to a new Winamp version. Now, however, the old station list does not appear in the most recent Winamp versions even though I replace the newer file with the old file.

How is it possible to display the old Shoutcast station list that I much prefer because of its much larger number of station choices?

Many thanks for all responses!

SKBrown

Sawg
26th October 2006, 06:15
The old listing has been removed. The new listing has all 16,000+ streams. So the old one defiantly doesn't have a "larger number of station choices"

SKBrown
26th October 2006, 06:20
When I open Winamp 5.31 (Full), only 26 stations are shown when Shoutcast Radio is selected. How do I find the other 15,974+ stations?

Sawg
26th October 2006, 06:31
Under the "Online Media" section click on "SHOUTcast Radio" It brings up a number of streams. From there you can select a Genre along the top to narrow-down your search. Or you can use the box that says "Search" to search.

SKBrown
26th October 2006, 06:44
"If it works for everyone else but you then you are doing it wrong"

Still, when I select "Any" Bitrate and "Any" Genre, the number of stations is only 30. When I attempt a search, the search function seems to only search for an identical character sequence in the list of 30 stations that are displayed. When I select a number of "Genres", only those stations included in the 30 shown with a matching "Genre" are shown.

What am I doing wrong?

Sawg
26th October 2006, 06:52
Sounds like you are using the old Media Library, and like said, this has been phased out. Using the one that comes distributed with Winamp 5.31 will give you the entire listing.

SKBrown
26th October 2006, 07:15
Reinstalled Winamp 5.31. Station list MUCH larger!!

Obviously, my head and its contents were inserted at a location that prevented any rational thought from being processed. When I installed Winamp 5.31 previously, I stopped Winamp from running immediately after install so I could substitute the "old" dll for the "new" dll since the "old" dll was 520 KB and the "new" dll was 81 KB which, therefore,I assumed had many fewer stations listed. This dll substitution (resulting in a larger station list) had worked on several versions of Winamp just after 5.1.3.

Anyway, thanks for your help and please excuse terminal stupidity.

SKBrown

Sawg
26th October 2006, 07:18
Between the old version and the newer version the Media Library plugin (gen_ml.dll) became just a host for Media Library plugins. So you have the Local Media plugin (ml_local.dll), the Online Services plugin (ml_online.dlll), etc...