PDA

View Full Version : HOw to have multiple dj's to a station???

Morbidx
28th October 2006, 06:14
can anyone tell em if its possible to have multiple people log into a station to "dj" at certain times and if so how or point me towards a guide as i cant find one

thanks

morbidx

Nick@ss
28th October 2006, 10:35
give them all the server deatils and the password asnd they can connect as you do.

you cannot creat a different pass for each dj with shoutcast and you have the full admn control that you shouldnt share.

calldon
29th October 2006, 03:23
Originally posted by Morbidx
can anyone tell em if its possible to have multiple people log into a station to "dj" at certain times and if so how or point me towards a guide as i cant find one

Here's another way to consider DJs on the radio. We have multiple DJs, but automated. Our format is "Beautiful Music Radio" or classic "easy listening."

Currently, we have the golden voice of long-time radio-pro, DAVE during the daytime hours. After 7pm CST, the rich sounds of the ever-beautiful Julie are heard, sending beautiful music around the world.

The goal of the station is a nice, smooth station-ID every quarter hour, and tons of music. So it's an easy format, with virtually no talk. Dave personalizes his top-of-the-hour remarks and Julie will also, as soon as I finish editing her! ;)

We will soon have one or possibly two new announcers for the weekends. But they will both continue in the same style, with an ID every quarter hour while playing TONS of great music in between. We have logged (via e-mail) listeners from NINE countries, not counting the stream rippers. For the most part for that style format, it sounds live, as live as it can on a budget of ZERO DOLLARS!!!

Consider that we currently have two DJs, the station plays no commercials, no news, no sports, no presidential announcements, no jokes, no blathering, it's the perfect station!:D

D*

sputnik radio
3rd November 2006, 00:51
what you do is just have one dejay attempting to connect FIRST then you have the encumbant dj disconnect. As he disconnects the relieving DJ will automatically connect the instant the other ones disconnects.

Now if you dont do it right there might be a skip but if you do it just right you can do it as a song ends and make it pretty seamless