PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to log a sc timetable?

sputnik radio
3rd November 2006, 19:52
anyone know of a way to keep a running log of my shoutcast station that will reveal a time table that shows what song and artist was playing at what time and how many listners there where ? A running log that never ends and i can download or view somehow ?

sputnik radio
3rd November 2006, 20:22
i guess not

fc*uk
3rd November 2006, 21:11
......thinking.......

......and searching......

well dnas does keep that information. It just does not dump it into one nice file for you. I suppose you would parse the appropriate pages so that you could pull out the number of listeners and the song and dump that into a file for you.

Nothing comes to mind/was found when I searched around for it.

Better yet, why just not parse it from the yp itself in a script??? Technically, you are not hacking the yp here, you are just asking it for information, so it *should* be allowed.

fc*uk
3rd November 2006, 21:14
sorry for the double post, but I can't add the attachment that I forgot. This may be able to help you out with a little editing so it only goes after your station...

File is actually the SHOUTcastDB file...

sputnik radio
3rd November 2006, 23:29
thanks i will toy around and see if i can get that working.

sputnik radio
6th November 2006, 16:05
I tried downloading the ShoutcastDB over in the shoutcast toolbox topic and the link is broken.

Anyone got it handy or know where i can get it?

sputnik radio
7th November 2006, 19:41
Ok so I have looked everywhere for a freakin xml data parser that will plug in to a database.

It appears that ShoutcastDB is NOWHERE To be found.

I fount this program: shoutcast xml feed analyzer http://www.cgi-bin.com/Detailed/3034.html

and IT is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. its mentioned on many places.

I tried a prgram called Castit which the none of the download links work on their site but i manage to sneak into their download directory and snag it that way. But it DID NOT WORK right either. Nothing is appearing in the php generated data and the mySQL database will not connect . I have configured it all right so i dont know whats up with that program.

So whats up? did somebody go hide everthing or something?

where is shoutcast DB? and the other one?

I smell a conspiracy.

fc*uk
7th November 2006, 21:57
I attached the shoutcast db file in my previous post....

dunno where I found it from. I believe I may have simply googled shoutcast db.xml

Originally posted by sputnik radio
I smell a conspiracy.

I smell so many my nose ran away on me!!!! :(

sputnik radio
7th November 2006, 22:55
Originally posted by fc*uk
I attached the shoutcast db file in my previous post....

dunno where I found it from. I believe I may have simply googled shoutcast db.xml

I smell so many my nose ran away on me!!!! :(

oh thats thed shoutcastDB file?

i thought it was just another xml file

I cant make any sense out of it.

fc*uk
7th November 2006, 23:10
Yep. As far as I know that is the db file. From what I remember, there should be a way for you to edit the file so that is only looks for your stream and returns that info. You can then parse that file to pull out the listeners when specific songs were played...

sputnik radio
8th November 2006, 00:14
thanks but i found an easier way. The winamp plugin from Spacial Audio Song Reporter.

duh!

does everything i want it to do .

Thanks for your help dude.

fc*uk
8th November 2006, 02:51
well, then there is always that....

Sorry for leading you down an unfruitful path....

Why, why does it have to be SOOOOO damn easy somtimes???