PDA

View Full Version : Bot that creates Post in Forum

djskott
10th November 2006, 14:25
I have been searching and searching for a bot that would create a post in my forums (IE Currently Playing) that was i can judge which songs need to be kept or removed from my rotation. The bot must also ignore any posts if the song is played again. Does anyone know how to get this done or point me in the right direction..

thanks in advance

DJ Skott
BPM Radio Network Admin - MD/PD

sputnik radio
10th November 2006, 14:57
I don't think anything like that is avaialble you would probably have to create it yourself.

I once found a bot that posted in phpBB forums . It was an add on to the phpBB but it only responded to your post using some for of AI. I doubt you could get it to work with SC.

I could be wrong. But I have searched for alot of information on various forum bots in the past and I have never seen anything that does what you ask.

hackerdork
11th November 2006, 23:29
havent seen such a BOT , nor would I like one that writes posts in a forum since people know how to screw with bots.

djskott
15th November 2006, 22:27
Well DI.fm has such a bot, as to how it works i have no idea
I am using SMF as my board. I beleive there is some sort of php Script that checks the XML and then tells this "bot" to make a new post if the song does not have a post and ignore if it does.

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 14:53
Originally posted by djskott
Well DI.fm has such a bot, as to how it works i have no idea
I am using SMF as my board. I beleive there is some sort of php Script that checks the XML and then tells this "bot" to make a new post if the song does not have a post and ignore if it does.

hmmm DI uses Vbulletin.

point me to a post at their forum made by the bot and I will have a looksy.

djskott
13th December 2006, 18:59
http://forums.di.fm/showthread.php?t=112542