PDA

View Full Version : How do I get on the Main Shoutcast list?

Benji1012
13th November 2006, 16:55
Okay...
I want to know how to get my Radio onto the list on Winamp and SHoutcast. I have a server and have done a few shows to people I know!
HELP!

:winamp: ROCK ON:tinfoil:

sputnik radio
13th November 2006, 17:05
make sure you have your server set to PUBLIC in your ICY header. or in the DSP

input your genres and make sure all that info is correct.

fire up your stream and wait for about 30 minutes and then go see if its in the medilibrary under shoutcast radio

good luck.

mat.wils
15th November 2006, 18:32
the other day it took ages but eventually my station appeared in the directory. today i'm running a few tests and i've been waiting over an hour and still no listing. any ideas?

sputnik radio
15th November 2006, 19:05
it's working for me.

make sure you have all your data input correctly for the yp

NJK
15th November 2006, 20:09
patience
like i told another poster in the tech support part.

struckpx
16th November 2006, 23:04
how much patience??? i have been waiting patiently for 3 hours...does anyone have the contact info for people who can fix this??

thanks for the advice everyone

tuckerm
16th November 2006, 23:08
No.

Wait it out, you'll get there eventully, btw disconnecting and re-connecting your stream starts it all over again.

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 23:23
its been like all day and the YP is still back dated to like 7 am this morning for me. LIke 12 hours ago. So something is ary down at null soft.

LOL

fc*uk
16th November 2006, 23:38
I just checked some of my logs.... had to go way way way way back in them to find what the yp says I am "currently" playing.

sputnik's 12 hours seems just about right to me.

suck it up and just delist your servers like the majority of us do and build a website that will attract people.

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 23:41
Yeah a nice website helps but it never attracts the same kind of listnership that the yP does.

unless you got some killer domain name or something .

fc*uk
16th November 2006, 23:47
agreed. ya could try to get involved with www.soma.fm .... have no idea how to do that though... course I only found them because back in 2001 I became seriously seriously addicted to Tags Trance Trip.

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 23:59
Originally posted by fc*uk
agreed. ya could try to get involved with www.soma.fm .... have no idea how to do that though... course I only found them because back in 2001 I became seriously seriously addicted to Tags Trance Trip.

Im not sure what soma does. I checked out their page and it seems they are interested in aquiring people who produce music like indies or something. I don't know.

I did not see anything about them wanting other online radio stations to get involved with them.

fc*uk
17th November 2006, 00:02
yeah I know. They do not seem too interested in expanding their listings.

However, I know for a fact that Tag's is NOT indie, though there definately are a few listed with them that are.

tuckerm
17th November 2006, 00:08

I love SomaFM! I listen to them all the time.

fc*uk
17th November 2006, 00:24
I ought to send them some money. I feel bad for always listening to their stations and never giving anything back.

Just like I feel bad for having nearly all of DJ Doboy's vocal trance and eurojam mixes and I have never given that dude a penny (yes, he allowes you to download current mixes from his website, so it is all legal).

Hmmmmmm... where is my credit card.... woot sucks tonight and I gotta spend money damnit!

struckpx
17th November 2006, 04:56
lol, i guess i could donate money, but considering the fact that my station is never listed on the directory due to problems, i don't think i would if i could. i thank aol and winamp people for letting us have this directory, but it is on its hands and knees...it could use a little tune-up

anyways, yp is still frozen...lol. i am off to get drunk, haha. cheers!!1

tuckerm
17th November 2006, 12:14
I ought to send them some money. I feel bad for always listening to their stations and never giving anything back.

Just like I feel bad for having nearly all of DJ Doboy's vocal trance and eurojam mixes and I have never given that dude a penny (yes, he allowes you to download current mixes from his website, so it is all legal).

Hmmmmmm... where is my credit card.... woot sucks tonight and I gotta spend money damnit!

Yeah, I'm more of an Indie Pop Rocks guy personally, and I hear they are giving out albums of some of the bands + a tshirt for $75ish, i think i might do that :)

sputnik radio
17th November 2006, 12:34
Yep the YP is DEAD still says im playing a song that i played yesterday at 7am

whats wierd is i can change my genre and it will update that . But it will not update the song nor will it update the bitrate . Because i changed one of my streams yesterday from 128 to 64 and it still says 128 and when you click it nothing happens.

I can launch my stream from my danas status page easy no problem but i cant launch it from the yp because it still says 128 and i dont know but it aint workin

tuckerm
17th November 2006, 21:31
Craig, You seeing this?

fc*uk
17th November 2006, 22:51
it aint dead, it is frozen. Some stations have been stuck on the same listing for over 24 hours now.

As for tuckerm: I believe the shirt and music donation is only something like $50. Won't cost as much as you thought :)

tuckerm
17th November 2006, 23:52
YP Problems link: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259833

struckpx
18th November 2006, 18:42
man...i want this fixed, haha

mat.wils
22nd November 2006, 20:45
FIXED!!!!
Hoorah for Shoutcast...:)
:winamp: