PDA

View Full Version : the best way to multi stream

sputnik radio
14th November 2006, 19:57
Hey guys. I need some advice on ways I can multi stream to my shoutcast server(s)

what i want is to stream to 3 different servers from my dsp

one stream at 128
one stream at 96
one stream at 64

I got enough upload bandwith do this but winamp dsp will only let you stream with one encoder.

SAM still does not do AACplus so thats out and so is the spacial audio dsp plugin

any ideas on how i can do this?

I want one playlist to play and 3 differnt encoders running and upping it.

any ideas?

Jkey
14th November 2006, 20:07
I got enough upload bandwith do this but winamp dsp will only let you stream with one encoder.

No it doesnt ? you can use 5 encoders with winamp dsp ?

sputnik radio
14th November 2006, 20:09
how? when it ask me which encoder in the output section it only lets me choose one.

Jkey
14th November 2006, 20:21
for each output (eg:output 1...output 2..)
choose encoder 1,encoder 2 ...etc
in output "connection" config.

fc*uk
14th November 2006, 22:16
still is not going to get you what you are looking for sputnik (streams will not be the same).

I always tell people who want to do this to use MuSE for linux. http://muse.dyne.org/?info=download

However, MuSE does not support aac+ because there is no linux codec for aac+.... However, if you broadcast in MP3 this will work for you.

SLR
14th November 2006, 22:36
Also, to correct you - SAM4 Broadcaster DOES do aacPlus encoding.......

Simply set up three encoder instances on SAM4 to three different Shoutcast servers.....no problems at all.

One feed, three outputs - all with different bitrates.

sputnik radio
14th November 2006, 23:51
Originally posted by SLR
Also, to correct you - SAM4 Broadcaster DOES do aacPlus encoding.......

Simply set up three encoder instances on SAM4 to three different Shoutcast servers.....no problems at all.

One feed, three outputs - all with different bitrates.

SAM4 is not available.

sputnik radio
14th November 2006, 23:52
Originally posted by fc*uk
still is not going to get you what you are looking for sputnik (streams will not be the same).

I always tell people who want to do this to use MuSE for linux. http://muse.dyne.org/?info=download

However, MuSE does not support aac+ because there is no linux codec for aac+.... However, if you broadcast in MP3 this will work for you.

How will it not work?

how will the streams not be the same?

what do you mean?

what will happen if i do that?

fc*uk
15th November 2006, 02:12
well, you can get winamp and the dsp and dnas to send out four different streams for you provided that you run four instances of each program, and each instance of dnas uses a dufferent configuration file. However, by doing it this way, each instance of winamp is going to shuffle the playlist differently, which means that the streams are not going to match each other.

I know that you have also said you have live DJs come and play on your streams. The live DJs are only going to be able to connect to one of your sources, they can not connect to all four as far as I know. Thus, only one of the streams will have the live feed.

You can setup the four instances of all the programs at 4 different bitrates and everything will work. However, stream 1 may not be playing the same song as stream 2, 3, or 4. That is the only problem: the streams will not match. You made it sound like you wanted four streams coming from the same source, hence you want to four streams to match.

As for SLR.... just where does one find SAM4? I googled it and the latest version I got was 3.5. Do you know if SAM 4 is going to be released in the near future? If yes, then sputnik may be better off waiting for that...

sputnik radio
15th November 2006, 02:28
well, you can get winamp and the dsp and dnas to send out four different streams for you provided that you run four instances of each program, and each instance of dnas uses a dufferent configuration file. However, by doing it this way, each instance of winamp is going to shuffle the playlist differently, which means that the streams are not going to match each other.

I know that you have also said you have live DJs come and play on your streams. The live DJs are only going to be able to connect to one of your sources, they can not connect to all four as far as I know. Thus, only one of the streams will have the live feed.

You can setup the four instances of all the programs at 4 different bitrates and everything will work. However, stream 1 may not be playing the same song as stream 2, 3, or 4. That is the only problem: the streams will not match. You made it sound like you wanted four streams coming from the same source, hence you want to four streams to match.

As for SLR.... just where does one find SAM4? I googled it and the latest version I got was 3.5. Do you know if SAM 4 is going to be released in the near future? If yes, then sputnik may be better off waiting for that...

hmmm so i have to run 3 different instances of winamp?

wierd. Why does the winamp DSP have 5 outputs that you can all assign each their own encoder then? whats that for?

Jkey
15th November 2006, 09:32
like i said one version of winamp each output setup
with a different encoder.:D :up: honest it works

sputnik radio
15th November 2006, 12:54
**UPDATE***

OK I dont know why some of you say you cant multi stream with different bitrats using only ONE instance of winamp dsp.

I configured output 1 to stream to my remote server at 96k aacplus

I configured output 2 to stream to my local host server at 128k aacplus . And they both are working syncrounously.

So what gives?

If you cannot do it then why am i doing it?

Oh and im getting NAK errors on my local host stream.

UPDATE

fixed that problem

still getting NAK error. YP cannot see my computer. Check firewall

see next post by me.

Jkey
15th November 2006, 13:29
you must put your station name in every output setup
on "yellowpages" tab

or setup sc_serv.conf add line
;TitleFormat=justin plays:blah blah.. <change this

TitleFormat=your station name < now reboot server

do this for all your sc_serv.conf files

sputnik radio
15th November 2006, 14:51
yeah i realized i forgot to add the yp info for the second output. I got that working now.

Im still getting a NAK error now telling me that it cannot see my computer to check my firewall etc . I have my windows firewall set to allow sc_serv . I don't have a firewall running on my wrt54g router. I have the firewall disabled on that.

cant figure out why it can see my computer.

Also I am only using one instance of winamp dsp and both streams are the same using the same playlist and only one instance.

Yall said I couldnt do that. why am I able to do it then?

fc*uk
15th November 2006, 20:21
Originally posted by sputnik radio
Yall said I couldnt do that. why am I able to do it then?

Ummmm.... uhhhhh..... ummmmmm.....

Because I am an idiot and do not use Windows enough?

As for your nak error on your other box. Something must be blocking you. If you go to www.canyouseeme.org end enter the port you are using and the website can not find you, then something must be blocking you.

Be very mindful of any piece of software that might have firewall software built into it.

Nice station by the way :) We share very similar tastes in music...

sputnik radio
15th November 2006, 21:27
Ummmm.... uhhhhh..... ummmmmm.....

Because I am an idiot and do not use Windows enough?

As for your nak error on your other box. Something must be blocking you. If you go to www.canyouseeme.org end enter the port you are using and the website can not find you, then something must be blocking you.

Be very mindful of any piece of software that might have firewall software built into it.

Nice station by the way :) We share very similar tastes in music...

Thanks dude.

I got it now. the nak error was because i had to port foward my router.

got it working all good now.

thanks everybody

yall rock

SLR
15th November 2006, 22:42
Errr....SAM4 IS available from the Spacialaudio website or via their approved resellers. The current release is SAM4 Beta (it's a full working version).

Full specs for SAM4 Beta can be found here (http://www.mouse-mouse.co.uk/special_offers.php)

We have supplied this full working version to several clients already. I can assure you it offers aacPlus (as well as other features

fc*uk
15th November 2006, 23:19
indeed it is and it does.... I wonder why when you google it you only get 3.5.....

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 12:28
Originally posted by SLR
Errr....SAM4 IS available from the Spacialaudio website or via their approved resellers. The current release is SAM4 Beta (it's a full working version).

Full specs for SAM4 Beta can be found here (http://www.mouse-mouse.co.uk/special_offers.php)

We have supplied this full working version to several clients already. I can assure you it offers aacPlus (as well as other features

thanks ill look into it.

I've been looking everywhere for it.

I've been wiating for it's release. I was not planning on buying SAM until you could do AACplus.

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 12:32
ahhh the only way to order it is to sign up with one of the packages.

That sucks

Let me know when spaCial audio decides to release it.

currently i have just about figured out how to do everything i need to do with winamp. So if SA does not release SAM4 anytime soon I may just change my mind about buying it.

All I really need it for that winamp cant do is the advanced scheduling feature.

and being able to talk on the mic without being in soundcard mode.

sputnik radio
17th November 2006, 16:20
Originally posted by SLR

WEll hells bells. I finnally broke down and ordered that from you SLR .

I never got your email though telling me where to dload it.

I will send you a PM

sputnik radio
17th November 2006, 18:51
nver mind

SLR
17th November 2006, 22:53
Sputnik,

All relevant emails have been sent to you at the email address you provided when you signed up / paid.