PDA

View Full Version : D.N.A.S Status

gunnerdapper
16th November 2006, 15:48
can anyone give me info as why my current song isnt showing up in my d.n.a.s status. its tellin me the server is up and public. and i cant see it up in the radio list. many thanks

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 15:51
the YP is sucking balls today for some reason.

I switched one of my streams bit rate and the YP still has the old listing with the old bitrate for the last 3 hours.

so i dont know.

gunnerdapper
16th November 2006, 15:54
but does it sound like im all ready now?

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 16:00
Well if you are seeing in your logs that the YP touched you succesfully you are up and running and (ON)

but that does not mean that the directory in the media library is going to reflect that in real time.

most the time the YP is at least 30 minutes behind me . Not always but most of the time. Meaning it shows a song i played 30 minutes ago.

Today it seems to be a few hours behind. Im still waiting for it to catch up.

gunnerdapper
16th November 2006, 16:09
i would like to thank u for the links you hav provided for me i got there in the end so THANKYOU you were very helpfull.

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 16:19
Originally posted by gunnerdapper
i would like to thank u for the links you hav provided for me i got there in the end so THANKYOU you were very helpfull.

heres a little secret

encode in aacplus

because :

It puts you up higher in the directory

It also gives you better quality sound at lower bitrates.

48kbps with aacplus sounds great. CD quality

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 16:30
also on another note.

I noticed whenever i start my stream and stop it alot or change information in the YP . The YP has to start over from scratch every time you make a change.

so its best to start your server and upstream to it. Get everything set right and keep it that way . Dont mess with it after you got it all sorted out. Because each time you mess with the YP or whatever the YP takes time for that info to update.

Nick@ss
16th November 2006, 17:04
Originally posted by gunnerdapper
can anyone give me info as why my current song isnt showing up in my d.n.a.s status. its tellin me the server is up and public. and i cant see it up in the radio list. many thanks

if it isnt showing up in your dnas then you may have unticked enable title updates in the dsp.

sputnik radio
16th November 2006, 17:30
Originally posted by nick@ss
if it isnt showing up in your dnas then you may have unticked enable title updates in the dsp.

Yeah that too.

However the YP is sucking balls today/

gunnerdapper
16th November 2006, 20:09
its sorted now thanks people

tuckerm
16th November 2006, 21:51
Originally posted by sputnik radio

48kbps with aacplus sounds great. CD quality

My pc kept messing up 128k streams (not exactly a buffer but it was something to do with bandwidth) so i switched to the 48k aac+ stream and it sounded just the same. Perfection :D

Antenence1
19th November 2006, 19:44
Shakira is having sex!
*crap removed*

tuckerm
19th November 2006, 19:59
What's up with all this Shakira bots lately :igor:

Nick@ss
19th November 2006, 20:05
i think it may be a virus that opens,

tuckerm
19th November 2006, 20:28
Yeah it is, but i'm wondering why so many, they've been all over the boards this week.

sputnik radio
20th November 2006, 13:05
Originally posted by nick@ss
i think it may be a virus that opens,

Oops.! :(

sputnik radio
21st November 2006, 01:45
Ding Dong the witch is dead

the wicked witch is dead.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The YP Is back