PDA

View Full Version : Stuck for days

beatlepat
17th November 2006, 17:16
Good thing I don't depend on this directory for listeners

Nick@ss
17th November 2006, 17:27
Agreed..

Depending on anything thats free and you have no control of is never a good thing.....

sputnik radio
17th November 2006, 18:59
Originally posted by beatlepat
Good thing I don't depend on this directory for listeners

what all 20 of them?

http://beatle5.purestream.net:8000/

dotme
17th November 2006, 19:13
Originally posted by sputnik radio
what all 20 of them?

http://beatle5.purestream.net:8000/

WTF was that? Giving anybody shit about their listener counts isn't cool. I don't give a damn if a station has two listeners, it's somebody's hobby or passion. Have some class.

Anyway, 20 of 20 listeners - his stream is full and that might be just one server in a cluster. Plus the station is listed in iTunes... Looks like he's doing pretty well to me.

sputnik radio
17th November 2006, 19:20
it was just a joke.

sputnik radio
18th November 2006, 00:23
how do you go about getting listed at itunes anyway?

tuckerm
18th November 2006, 00:50
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259833

struckpx
18th November 2006, 02:36
man, can we get an update here from when we can expect it to be fixed???

Nick@ss
18th November 2006, 05:40
nope,,, it will be fixed when its fixed,

thats the way it is with this thing unfortunately.

NJK
18th November 2006, 09:00
it was just a joke.

than learn that your humour isn't the same as others, and next time think before posting.
he has twice the max listeners as i can handle

if you don't apriciate the small things in life you never can apriciate the large things.

sputnik radio
18th November 2006, 12:57
Originally posted by spaceplay
than learn that your humour isn't the same as others, and next time think before posting.
he has twice the max listeners as i can handle

if you don't apriciate the small things in life you never can apriciate the large things.

yeah yeah yeah

The only reason why i made the joke because he was making this statement about how he all don't need the yp to get listneres and all.

Making me believe that he must have like butloads of listenrs. When i check him out it's only 20. Granted 20 is fine for those that are passionate about the hobby and all like dotme said. I give him that.

But to be making comments like you don't need the directory. Well of course you don't with only 20 slots.

Thats my only reason i made the joke. Nothing against small broadcaster. Heck im a small enough broadcaster.

But at least I admit that I need the directory for listners. And I do depend on it.

Why do you think the yP is there? you think AOL just puts it there because they love us?

No its a symbiotic relationship. They are getting something out of it too.

dotme
18th November 2006, 15:29
The only reason why i made the joke because he was making this statement about how he all don't need the yp to get listneres and all.

Making me believe that he must have like butloads of listenrs. When i check him out it's only 20.

Good grief! How do you eat with your foot jammed that far into your mouth? See link below to comprehend the magnitude of your faux pas...

sputnik radio
18th November 2006, 15:37
hmmm you don't have to get snappy. He must have more than one server

tuckerm
18th November 2006, 19:37
You brought it on your self young one.

sputnik radio
19th November 2006, 12:53
Originally posted by tuckerm
You brought it on your self young one.

Yeah yeah I know. We cant all be as perfect and bright as dotme.

My idol! sigh

dotme
19th November 2006, 13:58
I'm sorry, I don't think this is about me. I think you owe "beatlepat" an apology. That's all.

sputnik radio
19th November 2006, 14:07
Originally posted by dotme
I'm sorry, I don't think this is about me. I think you owe "beatlepat" an apology. That's all.

why don't you just mind your own bizwax?

sputnik radio
19th November 2006, 14:29
I apologize to beatlepat for not more thouroughly checking out his listner stats before i made that initial comment. All the drama that followed was not my fault. But I apologize to you for that too.

Good luck to you.

beatlepat
19th November 2006, 17:44
What's all the hubbub? Thanks for caring, but Beatles-A-Rama!!! hasn't peaked at 20 (lol) since 2001 and the early days at Live365...thank you very much...In case you' wondering, we peak at around 600 Shoutcast and 700+ Windows Media peeps every day. As far as iTunes...THEY chose US back in the days when we did have 20 listeners...and were extremely instrumental in building our audience....so I wouldn't have any idea on HOW to get listed..

Humbly,
Beatlepat

Sorry to cause such a stir!

Jkey
19th November 2006, 17:47
we peak at around 600 Shoutcast and 700+ Windows Media peeps every day

wow im in the wrong genre bring on ringo !!

sputnik radio
19th November 2006, 18:57
What's all the hubbub? Thanks for caring, but Beatles-A-Rama!!! hasn't peaked at 20 (lol) since 2001 and the early days at Live365...thank you very much...In case you' wondering, we peak at around 600 Shoutcast and 700+ Windows Media peeps every day. As far as iTunes...THEY chose US back in the days when we did have 20 listeners...and were extremely instrumental in building our audience....so I wouldn't have any idea on HOW to get listed..

Humbly,
Beatlepat

Sorry to cause such a stir!

Good for you man. I obviously mispoke.

So is that all you play is beatles?

Tag
19th November 2006, 21:17
Shoutcast slave db servers are out of sync, operations has been aware of this since wednesday and are trying their best to resolve it. Please be patient.

Thanks,
Tag

struckpx
19th November 2006, 22:55
who cares how many listeners...let's get the darn thing working!!! Here here!!!

sputnik radio
20th November 2006, 12:26
Ya Here here.

Order please ...We must have order in here.

LOL

(the crowd gets unruely)

sputnik radio
20th November 2006, 12:29
Good for you man. I obviously mispoke.

I remember you . Your the guy that knows a good drink when he sees one.

RUSKIE CTANDARD E GROZNY BULL

mess you up.

Of course it's good with zhelka too

beatlepat
20th November 2006, 15:50

NO...that would be against the rules, eh? It's all Beatles "related" there are 11 different categories of music...give it a listen...i'm quite proud of what i was "forced" to create.

sputnik radio
20th November 2006, 16:20

NO...that would be against the rules, eh? It's all Beatles "related" there are 11 different categories of music...give it a listen...i'm quite proud of what i was "forced" to create.

http://www.beatlesarama.com/images/keeping%20the%20beatles%20alive.jpg

no wonder you didnt put the image in your sig. Thats huge

[*fixed table breaking image. -KXRM]

Jkey
20th November 2006, 16:46
lol ^^ sputnik radio

beatlepat great station !

beatlepat
20th November 2006, 17:52
Thanks Jkey and sorry 'bout that banner! I'm a radio guy...not from a Tech background..

DJ Matt
20th November 2006, 21:16
His main competitor "Beatles Radio" is what you were thinking about, they DO play all Beatles in spite of the rules... They are located in the UK though which may have different rules or they aren't enforced by the corporations like here...