PDA

View Full Version : Private Viewing

DJ_Scythe
28th November 2006, 02:05
Alright, this has probably been posted before, but i did use the search engine and i honestly do not know what to type in. So ima do my best to describe what i need help with, and i hope you can help me.

My connection will not connect to the yp.shoutcast.com thing, and i really dont care about that yet. I have found some tutorials and such that i hope will help me, and i will try them before i ask for more help on that. this is probably a noob question, but i am currently hosting a server and broadcasting to it, but i do not know the proper way of giving out the info people need to connect to my server. Pleasae tell me the format and what i need to do to configure my server to allow such operations. Thanks.

dotme
28th November 2006, 02:09
If you're getting the nak error from yp, chances are you are not going to be able to let listeners tune in either. The most common reason for a yp error is a firewall blocking your server from being seen from the internet. If the yp can't connect to it, neither will listeners be able to.

Try this for a start - see if it helps...

http://www.allinternetradio.com/shoutcast-firewalls.asp

DJ_Scythe
28th November 2006, 02:14
wow. that really helps. Thank you, and sorry for posting about the Nak error. My apologies.