PDA

View Full Version : Screen Phone Calls

alexlunar
29th November 2006, 03:27
Does anyone know some good software or hardware that we can use to have phone calls for the broadcasts.

I already know i can use things like Team speak, or skype... and ive used a speakerphone for it to, but does anyone know a more concrete way to do it?

SCPanel.NET
29th November 2006, 03:42
You can use anything if you set your Shoutcast plug-in to stream everything from the sound card.

tuckerm
29th November 2006, 12:13
Anything here (http://jkaudio.com/radio-applications.htm) will work with a mixer, i personally use the THAT-1 for my talkshow.

alexlunar
30th November 2006, 18:33
Originally posted by tuckerm
Anything here (http://jkaudio.com/radio-applications.htm) will work with a mixer, i personally use the THAT-1 for my talkshow.

Excellent, thank you for the help.

When i get home i will check those out.

Is it sufficient to just plug my phone line into my pc modem, or will i need additional hardware as well?

tuckerm
30th November 2006, 21:03
I've never done that but it's def. worth $130ish for quality phone calls on the air.

fc*uk
30th November 2006, 21:24
at that point, wouldn't it simply be easier to get a skypeout number to have people dial in to? I mean, it is what, 30 euro a year... which is about $40 US....

tuckerm
30th November 2006, 23:55
It depends, if i have my talkshow for 5 years you can see, i loose money. Also, it'd present a nice echo problem which is easist solved via that audio tap.

fc*uk
1st December 2006, 00:32
Yes you would. There are also other uses for Skype too (kill the land line).

Anyway, I can see what you mean by the echo problem, which is indeed best solved by an external hardware solution.

Sigh. I'm defeated again :D

hockeyperson20
3rd December 2006, 03:27
Actually i'm not quite sure how my friend did this but one night we set up a talk show at my computer and used an external soundcard, his phone, and a connect from his phone to the card and we would change input/output on SAM3 and we could screen phone calls and play them live on the air

GMPCM
4th December 2006, 16:03
The echo problem with Skype talk shows is solved easily, just use AIVMS (http://www.gmpcm.com/filesdb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=20) to manipulate the call audio.
Once you have AIVMS installed and you run its DJ mode to monitor your system, it will answer incoming Skype calls and greet the caller, set all of the numerous audio settings required for echo free Skype calls during broadcast, and then route the Skype audio into the stream. Any subsequent calls are automatically added as a conference call.
There is no hardware required other than the sound card currently installed in your computer.
AIVMS is designed to automate an entire Internet radio broadcast, with an artificial intelligence that can fill in when no human DJ is available. It includes a very unique scheduling system that can switch playlists or folders at a specific time for prerecorded voice overs and commercials.
You can also control your entire broadcast system with ANY infrared remote control: IR Remote functions include full winamp control in addition to playing a song, folder, playlist, voice over, or commercial with a simple remote button press.

tuckerm
5th December 2006, 00:39
Hmm, that's intresting, i'll take a look at that later.

JayF
6th December 2006, 23:36
Sounds pretty cool.. Tuckerm, did you ever try it?

tuckerm
7th December 2006, 12:12
No, I don't use skype often enough to use it as i know have a soulution to everything :) | The echo problem could be solved on my system, i belive, by adding another soundcard and running skype off that and then running it is as an auxilarly channel on my mixer.

fc*uk
8th December 2006, 01:52
Originally posted by GMPCM
The echo problem with Skype talk shows is solved easily, just use AIVMS (http://www.gmpcm.com/filesdb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=20) to manipulate the call audio.
Once you have AIVMS installed and you run its DJ mode to monitor your system, it will answer incoming Skype calls and greet the caller, set all of the numerous audio settings required for echo free Skype calls during broadcast, and then route the Skype audio into the stream. Any subsequent calls are automatically added as a conference call.
There is no hardware required other than the sound card currently installed in your computer.
AIVMS is designed to automate an entire Internet radio broadcast, with an artificial intelligence that can fill in when no human DJ is available. It includes a very unique scheduling system that can switch playlists or folders at a specific time for prerecorded voice overs and commercials.
You can also control your entire broadcast system with ANY infrared remote control: IR Remote functions include full winamp control in addition to playing a song, folder, playlist, voice over, or commercial with a simple remote button press.

Dude. I just gotta ask... no offence. Really.

Who the hell do you work for? Is it really GM (or some research group funded by them)???

Please do not take offence. The solutions that you have on that gmpcm website are absolutely birlliant. I also believe that is the way that things need to go. However, I also realize that work like that is kinda bleeding edge and it seems to me that the quality that you are doing that that site screams funding from somewhere....

Like I said. I am not trying to knock it, bash it, stalk you, etc. I think it is all absolutely birlliant. Just curious is all.

Please do not feel that you have to answer either. I can/will respect that decision.

GMPCM
8th December 2006, 02:20
Not affiliated with GM in any way, we are just a group of hobbyist software developers that like to meddle with vehicle computer code. :) Those endeavors led us towards the vehicle network hardware development areas, and of course the artificial intelligence software we needed to manage it all correctly.
As luck would have it there is also quite a cross over between vehicle network application and the home theatre pc, so much of our efforts have focused on the multi-media and home automation aspects of our AI systems. We use all of the stuff you see on the site ourselves, so we are always interested in any relevant infomation, which is one reason I hang out here. :)

fc*uk
9th December 2006, 01:52
Then I must say thank you for the reply.

Keep up the good work too!!!!!