PDA

View Full Version : Play Music when no connection

dclamp
3rd December 2006, 06:03
Ok, i tried to search the forum for this, but i was not sure what to search for.

What i want to do, is have like a 24 hour radio station and to accomplish this, i would need to have some music playing when there is no one connected to the server. How do i have my server play music when there is no dj's connects?

fc*uk
3rd December 2006, 14:34
set your source to auto-reconnect to the server if dnas looses a connection.

For example, if a DJ is on that DJ is first going to have to kick your source and connect their source to your server. You set your source to try to reconnect every 5 min to give the DJ time to get their source on before yours takes it again.

All while the DJ is going, your source is going to try to connect, but is going to be unable to do so because the DJ is there.

Once the DJ disconnects their source DNAS is going to be left sitting there until your source checks dnas again. This time your source is going to find dnas sitting there doing nothing, connect, and start playing music.

This will repeat itself every time a connects and disconnects their source from your servers.

Nick@ss
3rd December 2006, 15:55
This depends on your setup.

are you hosting from home?

do you have a hosted shoutcast server?

do you have a deidicated server?

dclamp
4th December 2006, 03:03
@fc*uk: I understand how it works. I was a DJ for another server.

@ nick@ass: I have a vps server, that is running shoutcast

http://k-rfn.rapidfriends.com

Nick@ss
4th December 2006, 06:14
do a search for sc_trans to run on your vps

if you want a nice cheap ready made answer then check out the cds links below in my sig.