PDA

View Full Version : What the ****?

hitmanif
3rd December 2006, 21:50
I have one (1) IP filling up 38 of my slots on one server?

Why is that?

Could it be someone ripping my stream?
Should I kick 'em?

fc*uk
3rd December 2006, 21:53
keep in mind that if say 38 people from one large corporation tune in, they are all going to have the same IP and could be 38 real people...

However, I would still kick 'em. Be mindful of reconnect scripts. You may have to ban...

hitmanif
4th December 2006, 02:19
38 people from a big corperation? Are you joking??

They've been listening for over 13 hours; I only have 40 slots and they're on 39!!! Not to mention the fact, that, its located in the Phillipines. How many corperations with 38 people that listen to christmas music are in...the....Phillipines? English christmas music?

I'm pretty sure its a ripper. I'm kicking.

Goodtimez
4th December 2006, 02:55
I dont even know 38 people that would listen to christmas music while online :igor: *smiles*

snice
5th December 2006, 03:27
Christmas streams get ripped to pieces. Its 90% (or in your case 99%) of the listenership ;), IMHO

It just means they want to record it for their xmas party. The xmas thing is overdone now. Let's drop it, eh?

Too predictable (sigh) Decemeber every year, they all pop up , and some complete eejits try to run them all year.

Me? I hate tinsel. Stick the fairy lights where the sun dont shine. Thanks and goodnight!

Whats that? WHAM - again - GRRRRRRRR

soulful1
9th December 2006, 00:42
Bah Humbug to you too snice.:blah:

tuckerm
9th December 2006, 13:05
What's the IP of it? Do a look up on it.

NJK
9th December 2006, 17:31
Originally posted by tuckerm
What's the IP of it? Do a look up on it.

good idea by Tucker and if i may add indeed a good thing

i once had 5 simular ip's listening at the same time
turned out to be a security firm in Oregon ( their offices)

fc*uk
9th December 2006, 17:32
www.dnsstuff.com works great for that kind of thing...

tuckerm
9th December 2006, 17:41
I was going to suggest that also. <3 fc*uk.

RotrC
15th December 2006, 08:01
I seem to get the same bunch of IPs constantly appearing as listeners - and had an email from one who admits he listens to my stream while working all through the night on a security watching cameras on a site. He also admits he leaves my stream playing when he's not there as others seem to listen to it now - maybe that explains the 38hours connection I found over the weekend!

RotrC