PDA

View Full Version : i want shoutcast in the car

zachman16
5th December 2006, 18:28
Its time for shoutcast to go portable. I wish I was up on new happenings, but I'm not, so maybe someone can tell me how this could be possible. I'm thinking...cell phone internet connection possibly?

Sawg
5th December 2006, 19:38
If you have Internet in your car, and a computer they can play it go right a head. This is a hardware thing, and nothing to do with SHOUTcast.

NJK
5th December 2006, 21:12
Been away for a while??

shoutcast on mobile phone is already real.
check providers for more information.

Goodtimez
6th December 2006, 00:17
I was thinking of buying one of those fm transmitters with a mini-rca connector to plug up to my phone, but i hear the quality is garbage. So I think I am going to look into cabling my car to plug directly into the phone. But for someone who isnt ready to rip apart their dashboard I think a fm-transmitter plugged into the headphone portion of the phone would be a go.

sputnik radio
6th December 2006, 12:39
Originally posted by Goodtimez
I was thinking of buying one of those fm transmitters with a mini-rca connector to plug up to my phone, but i hear the quality is garbage. So I think I am going to look into cabling my car to plug directly into the phone. But for someone who isnt ready to rip apart their dashboard I think a fm-transmitter plugged into the headphone portion of the phone would be a go.

get you a nice phone that has excellent sound.

LIke the new Black Jack or something.

not sure if it plays shoutcast.

I turned off all web features on my phone. Didnt want to pay the extra 15 a month.

Im already gettting nickle and dimed to death as it is just to be running a damned internet radio station.

CraigF
6th December 2006, 13:21
I know a fair few people who have used their phone with shoutcast, thats not to say that it isn't expensive depending on your tarrif, and obviously depends on the capability of your handset.

Goodtimez
6th December 2006, 13:23
I think as more peoeple find more ways to use the net with their phone the data plans can only get cheaper. Btw, I have a motorola Q with a pretty decent built in speaker, and ive listened to a couple streams on my way to work in the morning. The killer is the battery life, listening to a stream for a bout 40minutes will claim ownage on your phone.

Jay
6th December 2006, 18:56
I already do it with SprintPCS. They charge $15 per month for unlimited internet and I use a Windows Mobile 5 phone along with GSPlayer. Nice to have a real alternative to radio. :)

Tag
6th December 2006, 19:28
I have the same service as KXRM.. Although I currently use Resco Pocket Radio because it supports AAC+ Streaming. With my station "Tag's Trip" running 36kbit, with a 2mbyte buffer, I never get dropouts even while driving 65mph down I-25

Phone: Audiovox PPC-6700
Cell Service: Qwest(sprint reseller)
Data Service: Sprint-EVDO

PS: Winamp has plans (no dates yet) for supporting Windows Mobile 5

fc*uk
6th December 2006, 20:46
Originally posted by Tag
PS: Winamp has plans (no dates yet) for supporting Windows Mobile 5

Now that would be a beautiful thing :)

GMPCM
7th December 2006, 01:05
My car can access any internet stream, but theres really no reason too since it broadcasts its own stream over its secured mobile WiFi access point. It has one of our vehicle networks installed of course. :)
I use an Ipaq Pocket PC to access my cars stream over WiFi when I am in the mall / store, friends house, etc..

There are a lot more applications for SHOUTcast other than simply broadcasting a station over the Internet. Areas such as private home network streaming, mobile network streaming, etc. are available to a much wider audience than internet radio operation. Its a shame they dont promote these other uses here as much as they could.

Krocker360
3rd November 2010, 02:44
mine is simply, it just have a cam at the back to see if its going to bump, its a Ford Sportivo... quit expensive but worth.