PDA

View Full Version : The Secret to Losing All Listeners

fc*uk
8th December 2006, 23:36
Damn never seen people drop like such flies.

Just put this on: http://www.thisbinaryuniverse.com/

and watched everyone drop like flies.

Granted it does sound best in DTS 5.1 ... but still...

people need to broaden their scope something fierce.

sputnik radio
9th December 2006, 00:09
man im diggin : Paul Oakenfold - Perfecto Presents: Another World - CD2

sounds good

Goodtimez
9th December 2006, 00:10
Hah! Sometimes I will have some really mellow chillout mix on my stream and I will randomly switch it up to Gangsta Rap, thats the other way to make them drop like flies :-P. Its also interesting to see people that are dedicated listeners whether they will sit through the song in hopes of a better song thereafter. Needless to say its always interesting to watch.

fc*uk
9th December 2006, 01:19
@Goodtimez: dude. that is simply funny. I find it even better because I tend to do the same thing :D Loce Lady Sovereign for that...

@sputnik: I love oakenfold. Just ripped every one of his cds to digital media that I own. Found some oldies in there too... like the Another World CD2...

Goodtimez
9th December 2006, 05:44
Fc*uk

*shudders at Lady Sovereign* sad part is the bass is captivating, but her voices drives me insane after about 1 minute and 30 seconds, I think Im going to put "Get Random" on next time hehe

jwhalen
9th December 2006, 12:26
sometimes it is hard to remember that we are trying to please the audience... when we slap something on that might startle them. I always have to remind myself that just because i think something is cool... that i should resist the urge to immediately share it

especially in my case when my genre is so narrow

fc*uk
9th December 2006, 13:20
I do try to please the audiance. In most cases I will remove stuff that people do not care for.

However, the Lady Sovereign tracks (and other completely random tracks that do not belong in a techno playlist)are, well, my creative flaire.

That is one of the few things that separates all of these stations from one another, at least in my case. Any techno station is going to be loaded with remixes of popular bands, tiesto, oakenfold, Sasha, maybe a little BT if the owner is brave, armin van buren, atb, blah blah blah. This much was know.

I try to stay away from those major names because I want to play something different. Something people have not listened to before. Yes, that means I take huge hits in listener counts most of the time, but I really don't give a hoot. When something like Oakenfold comes on the stream gets packed full.

So I get clever. People think I am using a random playlist. I don't. No suffle here. Takes hours to build one. Just enough big name songs with random people mixed in with the occasional Lasy Sovereign.

From people that I know, I have turned a lot of them on to some rather obscure and lesser known artists. Some of em have said that they actually kinda like it....