PDA

View Full Version : Incredible!

hitmanif
9th December 2006, 02:44
Every christmas I've run "Elf FM" for the last ten years. Here's the incredible sucsess story.

2 Years Ago - Started with a 10 listener server; no website, only a few good songs. My peak was 6; and I ran it all winter.

Last Year - Upgraded to a 100 listener server; about 40 listeners average all year. Dainty lame site.

This year:
On november 21st, I opened up a new site. I had upgraded my server to 150 listeners; but I started peaking out at 150 almost ALL THE TIME. I couldn't afford more; so I found some sponsors. My hosting sponsor donated a 400 listener server; and I started getting like hundreds (300 average listeners). Last few days I peaked 400 multiple times; so they upgraded me to 2,500 slots @ 128kbps!

It's amazing of a sucsess story; I went from being on Page 8 to Page 15 under the keyword christmas; to being on PAGE 1 ALL YEAR for christmas.

I just wanted to share; thought it might encourage someone.

sputnik radio
9th December 2006, 03:07
so hook me up with dat hosting sponsor yo.

Goodtimez
9th December 2006, 05:39
There is hope for us all!

Critizin
12th December 2006, 23:15
Yah dude who hosts ur radio i really need to talk with them lol....

DanielJeyes
13th December 2006, 09:43
The company probably noticed that he was peeking a hell of a lot more than he normaly does and there was also most probably more and more requests comming. If I was in there possition I would be interested in probably doing the same, being a sponser that seems to have a huge amount of protential.

The gain on them could be pritty darn high....

I have to admit, we often get people asking us for radio sponsership. Majoirty of them I just reply with 'Sorry we are not taking on sponsers at the moment' However if one of my clients contacted me regarding sponsership and I can see for myself they are sucessfull then I would have no problem doing this for them.

hitmanif
14th December 2006, 23:22
That is good. Actually, my current sponsor is real nice.

jwhalen
15th December 2006, 01:22
congrats. glad you were able to stay on top of your growth!