PDA

View Full Version : Adult Talk Radio

DiannaVesta
11th December 2006, 21:24
Adult Radio Shows

I am so glad I found this site and forum. I spent almost a week trying to find a solution to replace what I’m using now. I started using Blog Talk radio to test an adult talk show and its doing very well. Still at some point they’ll add sponsors and muck up the broadcast with non-adult ads.

I read a few threads here about callers calling in which was my biggest hurdle. Sure I knew I could stream myself but my show is all about talking live to callers and interviewing them. I currently use Yahoo with mic and headphones to call Blog Talk even though I could use a phone the sound quality is better and I can hear better- noise canceling, etc.

I operate adult sites but by no means am I technical when it comes to streaming and sound, so please bear with me as I piece together a solution that will work for me. I am also interested in any companies that can help me bring not only myself but a network of adult talk shows. I have the connections and ability to market.

Ok, here’s my wish list and don’t laugh…

1) Need a slick web interface to play current show and menu links to archives. The player/interface can also support sponsor ads which is very important.
2) Need to figure out how to get my call from yahoo into that player live. Also, how do other people call in to ask us questions? Can they?
3) Once a show is over it is automatically archived.
4) List of upcoming shows
5) Use my server or host? I have my own server that I host my adult sites on. Is this enough and will it bog it down? If I use a host company that handles this for me does that mean I get better support? Is it worth the money when I can host it myself? Or am I dreaming because I don’t know wtf I’m doing?

So forgive my rambling. Right now I’m just trying to work all this out.

Nick@ss
11th December 2006, 22:15
we might be able to help you,

1) Need a slick web interface to play current show and menu links to archives. The player/interface can also support sponsor ads which is very important.

check out our streaming and content delivery servers with optional scheduling.
http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/index.php?page=audio
http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/index.php?page=cdsschedule

2) Need to figure out how to get my call from yahoo into that player live. Also, how do other people call in to ask us questions? Can they?

use winamp and the dsp in shoutcast mode to air your callers, see this tutorial for more info.
http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/flash/New_Tutorials/Decks_mic

3) Once a show is over it is automatically archived.

this would require manually archiving into the ftp space

4) List of upcoming shows

you would have to add a schedule to your website

5) Use my server or host? I have my own server that I host my adult sites on. Is this enough and will it bog it down?

you will not get an web interface for what you are trying to maintain but you may do well to check out sam3
if its a webserver the chances are your host will not allow due to bandwidth used for streaming but they are the people to ask if you were to go it alone.

If I use a host company that handles this for me does that mean I get better support?

any host that wants to take your money should be able to point you in the right direction or have most of your questions answered allready.

Is it worth the money when I can host it myself? Or am I dreaming because I don’t know wtf I’m doing?

your call, hosting it yourself means you have a lot more to worry about than your radio station if your a total newcomer to the scene.

hosts allready have features you can use instead of you scratching round for a viable option.

you can find a list of reviewed hosts here http://www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts

heres some handy tutorials to get you going on your own.

Read the Winamp Read me before posting (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=246636)
IORSN Streaming Tutorial (http://www.allinternetradio.com/shoutcast.asp)
Evil Lu's Local Streaming Tutorial (http://www.sp0rky-n00b.co.uk/localcast.htm)
Evil Lu's Fixing Nak Errors (http://sp0rky-n00b.co.uk/nakerror.html)
IORSN Fixing Nak Errors (http://www.allinternetradio.com/shoutcast-firewalls.asp)

good luck

DiannaVesta
11th December 2006, 22:35
Nick thank you. I actually went to your site and looked around. You Wave panel thingy was very impressive.

I'm whipped tired but I want to read this over and I do have questions. I'm happy to pay for hosting if the price is right and I find the right company. Right now I'm with the same hosting company for 4 years and they have 27/7 support, install scripts and make my life very easy. In the past I had nightmares.

I your calulator what does it mean by how many slots I need?

Nick@ss
11th December 2006, 22:40
slots = listeners

chat with your current hosts and see if they will or you can install shoutcast on your server then all you need to do is add one of our content delivery servers to host your uploaded content / adverts when no one is online if thats the road you choose to go down..

if you have any questions on our services drop us an email and we will get back to you.

DanielJeyes
12th December 2006, 07:31
Nick@ss has answered these quite well.

Regarding the webhosting, if you have a dedicated server then you would be able to install the shoutcast server. However, asuming you have a shared/reseller account with your provider, this would normaly cause a problem.

1) They would have to give you ssh or jail ssh - They don't like this due to security reasons

2) If they install it for you, every time you want something changed or it restarted they would have to do this for you... would take support hours up to the max!

3) shoutcast servers can eat bandwidth if sucessfull. I mean seriouse amounts, this is something they would not want to have to deal with mainly because they have a shared amount of bandwidth to the server.

If you have any more questions, reply here or pop us an email.

Thanks,
Dan

DiannaVesta
12th December 2006, 10:18
Daniel, thank you.

My server is dedicated. I won't share. :p
Anyhow, it all sounds good but I still think I need help setting up and trouble shooting. We don't have a huge budget for this and right now its costing me time, however I have big plans and feel that it will be successful and bring in nice ad revenues.

I want to be able to set mine up, as I posted, with a slick player and rotate the ads. Then I want to be able to set other host shows up all within the same site so obviously bandwidth is going to be an issue. I don't want to go broke before I get started.

I'm looking for someone to set me up and stay with me. This includes help with the interface. Send me some pricing, anyone that has exp with everything on my wish list. I'll even consider partnering with the right company. goddess@femsupreme.com

Nick@ss
12th December 2006, 11:02
Originally posted by DiannaVesta

I'm looking for someone to set me up and stay with me. This includes help with the interface. Send me some pricing, anyone that has exp with everything on my wish list. I'll even consider partnering with the right company. goddess@femsupreme.com

This is where you may fall down as there is no slick interface available and will cost you a lot of cash for someone to program such a tool if you can find anyone.

Everyone that comes here is the same they dont have a huge budget and needs it done yesterday :)

good luck

DiannaVesta
12th December 2006, 11:13
Originally posted by nick@ss
This is where you may fall down as there is no slick interface available and will cost you a lot of cash for someone to program such a tool if you can find anyone.

Everyone that comes here is the same they dont have a huge budget and needs it done yesterday :)

good luck

Can't a player get embeded in a page and then ads placed on the page?

Whats a lot of cash? I still wish you'd email me a quote and solution.

DiannaVesta
12th December 2006, 11:43
Nick on your streaming solutions can people come back later to download archives? Is that something I have to manually do? Is this a stupid question.

Nick@ss
12th December 2006, 12:03
yes you can embedd a player on the site and that would be no problem but you did not state whether you wanted instream adds or website adds.

i assumed you was after an automated playout system inserting adds to be made for you which would cost a lot for someone to program for you as its not freely available..

we do not allow download of content from our networks within our cds systems for legal reasons but do offer windows on demand options so people can come and click to listen to your archives when they want to.

as mentioned earlier if you have any questions on our services please contact the site direct giving your specifications but we do not do website design and advertising interfaces as we are a stream hosting company only,

we offer consultacy services to install shoutcast etc if that is any use.

however we are always happy to point people in the right direction if we dont do it so it can be done by themselves.

DiannaVesta
12th December 2006, 12:19
Thank you Nick. I am looking on your site and very interested. I am going to do it.