PDA

View Full Version : More Listener Count

moltenice
12th December 2006, 11:55
Plz excuse me if a similar topic has been posted before. I've searched but not found any so I thought of starting this one.

To start off, i've been running my radio server at my house (3 listeners max 56kbps & 4 listeners max 32kbps) for almost a month now (maybe a months not enough...) and the highest amount of listeners I had were 2 (and 1 was me :( ) and they only listen for like 1 - 2 minutes (normally, 1 of 5 lusteners do actually listen for 10 minutes. The highest time anyone listened to my radio was for 5 hours... only once though :( )

anyways, I was looking for advice from all u broadcasting geeks & gurus for getting more listeners. I ain asking for much... 7 listeners (3 @ 56kbps & 4 & 32kbps) is all I want (and all I can support). any advice... ANY ADVICE is accepted. Guys, please help n00bz like me... spread the wisdom :P .

BTW, its not bcoz of lag... ive listened to my radio from my sk00l's internet (ADSL) and even when there were many people using the net it didn't lag at all! Also, I hope its not bcoz my music is bad... Ma frndz who herd it sed it was good.

Plz give advice... ANY ADVICE IS ACCEPTED :igor:

P.S. more info on ma radio is available Here (http://www.all-you-want.tk/) so u guys might b able 2 find out y this is hppning...

Thx in advance :up: Relly appreciate it ;)

Molten

tuckerm
12th December 2006, 12:10
1) Don't talk in chat speak
2) Just advertise but not here.

moltenice
12th December 2006, 13:12
lool i aint advertising...

and u mean by 'speak' like tell a frnd??

arent thr other wayz?? I did the thing above...

P.S. I can't spend more than a cent... my dad almost MURDERED me wen i paid like krazy for Sam Broadcaster... so plz give me free ways of advertising... anything... thx ^_^

Goodtimez
12th December 2006, 13:40
Why not just create a myspace account for your radio stream, its free, and you can add users as friends as much as you want. I would target myspace groups that cater to the kind of music you are playing. (I cant stand myspace,but it is the best advertising your going to get for free)

sputnik radio
12th December 2006, 15:16
by looking at your website I would suggest an easier to find PLAY link on your front page for a start. Also look in to listing your stream adress at many of the directories out there like audiorealm and shoutcast yp. If you are using shoutcast to stream with make sure you set your stream to be public and not private.

good luck

moltenice
12th December 2006, 15:45
Originally posted by Goodtimez
Why not just create a myspace account for your radio stream, its free, and you can add users as friends as much as you want. I would target myspace groups that cater to the kind of music you are playing. (I cant stand myspace,but it is the best advertising your going to get for free)

Thanx guys!! I'll try all of these out!! Hope they help...

Anyways... other sugestions are welcome ^_^ so if anyone finds another way plz post below... this won't just help me but everyone who'll want more listeners!!

CHEERS!! :up:

dotme
12th December 2006, 16:00
Find out why listeners aren't staying for long.

Run a stream test at Radio Toolbox. I couldn't even connect to your station - I waited 2 minutes and the Windows Media player was still filling the buffer and hadn't started playing the stream. I'm guessing you don't have enough upload speed to host. But the RTB test will reveal all... lol

DanielJeyes
12th December 2006, 16:20
Maybe an idea' to get a small spec stream from a provider so there is no issues with buffering as dotme said he had probelms.

tuckerm
12th December 2006, 21:00
Originally posted by moltenice
lool i aint advertising...

and u mean by 'speak' like tell a frnd??

arent thr other wayz?? I did the thing above...

P.S. I can't spend more than a cent... my dad almost MURDERED me wen i paid like krazy for Sam Broadcaster... so plz give me free ways of advertising... anything... thx ^_^

Speak I meant type in complete setences so we could understand. As for the advertising, with my talkshow, I just made copys of a poster and handed them out, my ratings went up, that's for sure.

moltenice
13th December 2006, 08:53
Find out why listeners aren't staying for long.

Run a stream test at Radio Toolbox. I couldn't even connect to your station - I waited 2 minutes and the Windows Media player was still filling the buffer and hadn't started playing the stream. I'm guessing you don't have enough upload speed to host. But the RTB test will reveal all... lol

lool maybe thts y... no, my station works... u cudnt connect coz u tried connecting wen i wuz sleepin.. I come from oman wich is 4 hours ahead of UK... so perhaps my server wasn't running... maybe thts y people dont listen for long... but i cant fix this.... my dad gets pissy if i leave the PC on overnight.

:(

sputnik radio
13th December 2006, 12:32
well thats your problem right there. if you dont have your station up 24/7 your never going to establish a loyal listner base.

xhilaration
14th December 2006, 16:26
Sorry but your site is not there, freewebs must have tooken it down

moltenice
14th December 2006, 18:47
lool no its on... my server must be off...

I wish thr was a way 2 convince ma dad :(

anyways... perhaps if someone knew FREE ways of advertising my radio it wud be nice... :D

dotme
14th December 2006, 19:00
Google is free - but advertising a stream that's only up for part of each day and can't hold more than a handful of listeners seems a bit pointless. Have you done the necessary math to determine how many concurrent listeners your stream can support?

jwhalen
14th December 2006, 20:37
your webpage didnt even open

moltenice
15th December 2006, 11:30
Yippie!! I got 6 liusteners listenin 2 my station yest... one of em listened for about an hour :D

Neways... I found a way any radio broadcaster would get more listeners... using banner exchange. Google it... u'll find millions!!

Hopefully this is how tht hppned.

Also... I think something is wrong wit shoutcast ATM... any song or genre I search for gives me errors... is it just me or is it shoutcast??

P.S.
I have a ques. I thought it wud be better if I didn't create a new post and just post the question here instead...

Ive seen radio stations having live broadcast from2 different places... is it possible to broadcast from 2 different computer on the same server?? If so how can I do it??

plz reply... thx

tuckerm
15th December 2006, 12:31
Yes, SHOUTcast is having problems.