PDA

View Full Version : Some ongs dont play..

majik2
13th December 2006, 07:24
I was testing a shor tplaylist to my other computer and I notcied that songs I bought from Musicmatch for .99 will play but I cant get them to come thru to the other computer?

Am I not going to be able to use the music i BUY from Musucmatch on my radio station?

Please help. thanks

Sawg
13th December 2006, 07:28
Legal issues aside. Those file are DRM "protected" WMA files. Due to restrictions from Microsoft on the format they bypass Winamp's Output and DSP (like SHOUTcast) plugins. If you want to play those, you need to use "Soundcard" input on the Input tab. (Set the Recording Mixer to "What U Hear," "Wave Mix" or "Stereo Mix")

majik2
13th December 2006, 08:03
no way to convert them??

Sawg
13th December 2006, 08:20
Not without further quality loss. And the only real way is to play it, and record what is being played.

majik2
13th December 2006, 08:41
well that sucks..

majik2
13th December 2006, 19:45
OK, I tried using Tunebite to record one of the files intoan mp3, and I cannot really hear a significant difference. I am sure there is, but i can't notice it.

My question is, sinc emost people will be listening to my radio station at their computers, and not on elaborate stereo system, could I use the converted files on my radio station?

I'm looking for some opinions from people who do, and whether they notice a differenc ein quality once the song ha sbeen recorded to mp3.

Thanks much!
Majik

fc*uk
13th December 2006, 23:30
could go with the stream what you hear and use your drm protected player to stream the songs....

Or you could go with two sound cards... have the drm software output into the input of another and have winamp stream the input line.

The few songs that I stream from my iTunes drm collection I have converted to audio cds, and re-ripped them as drm free mp3's.

I never suggested circumventing copyright laws though. I did this because I own it and I wanted to stream it and drm got in the way once again.

Sawg
13th December 2006, 23:36
Ya don't actually "own" the music you have downloaded from those services. You are licensing the use of the music under their terms of where and how it can be played.

fc*uk
13th December 2006, 23:51
Originally posted by Sawg
Ya don't actually "own" the music you have downloaded from those services. You are licensing the use of the music under their terms of where and how it can be played.

you have got to be kidding me. No wonder why I stopped using all of those services.

sputnik radio
14th December 2006, 01:52
Where for art thou ares.