PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: USA streamers, New payments for 2007

Greg_E
19th December 2006, 02:37
The 2007 SoundExchange payment forms are finally on their site. Time to pay the man and jump through the hoops again.:(

New for this year looks like there will no longer be a "no report" option for small noncommercial and eductional entities. Kyle Funn at Sound Exchange alerted me to this last week in an email, and you'll note this option missing on the NEE payment form. What Mr. Funn wrote was that all streams will need to report at least two 7 day periods each quarter. There is also a another new thing where if you have more than 146,000 aggregate tuning hours in a month you will have to pay an additional fee. it would be a very nice feature if Shoutcast can log the aggregate tuning hours per month to help us out. I'll be asking about this in the tech forum shortly.

SorceryKid
19th December 2006, 23:39
Also it would be really helpful if a server time-stamp field could be provided in the XML output (or at least the ICY headers). It would make logging phenomenally easier. For the past four years, I've been resorting to a hack to guess the SHOUTcast server time.

--Randall