PDA

View Full Version : Last Questions

DJ_{Sullecy}
20th December 2006, 14:11
The Last Questions I Have:

1)If I Have My Server Hosted On Stream Solutions (www.streamsolutions.com), Can I Make The Server Legal Using www.loudcity.net?

2)If I Have My Server Hosted On Stream Solutions (www.streamsolutions.com), Can Listeners From Other Countries Listen To The Station? (Greg_E mentioned something in this topic)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&showthreadid=262129

Sorry For My Tiring Questions, That's All ;)

Oh Also What About Advertising? Can u Suggest Me Something Cheap?:rolleyes:

NJK
20th December 2006, 17:17
hosting with a streamhost does not mean you are suddenly legal those issue's are things you need to resolve yourself.

you need to make sure you pay your royalties and you need to make sure you are 100% legal
streamsolutions only provides the means to be hosted.

Greg_E
20th December 2006, 20:38
No need to apologize, it seems they make paying the fees as difficult as possible so the litle guys will just give up! Getting answers can be an extremely difficult thing to do. I'm afraid I'm only slightly familiar with the USA.

In the US you need to pay Sound Exchange so that the RIAA gets it's money. BMI doesn't seem to care about streams or peanut powered part 15 broadcasters. I need to look into SESAC and ASCAP, but I did find mention that ASCAP wants money for streams too.

If you are an educational broadcaster/streamcaster in the US, you can try to get help from CBI or pay membership from IBS. Neither of those have gotten back to me, which really bothers me since I did renew our membership with IBS. It may be the last time I renew with IBS since they aren't willing to help me now that I've paid them. CBI is for free, but they don't get back to you very quickly (if ever).