View Full Version : Having troubles with Linux server
18th March 2001, 21:24
Hi... Here's my case...
When I follow the directions on how to extract the file from the server through telnet I get the error
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
However, when I extract it on my windows box, and upload it from there, I get...
Segmation fault <core dumped>
Does anybody have an explanation/solution for this? Thx
19th March 2001, 04:23
Ok, I've figured that out... Uploaded in ASCII format (DOH!)
But now, when I try and execute the file, I get an error when trying to open source socket. Comments on this? =P
21st March 2001, 05:03
what does the specific error say?
21st March 2001, 13:40
I also had the same problem....unable to open source socket. I think there's something wrong with the sc_serv.conf file....because if you do something like this:
it will not recognize the --help (of course) and it will revert to "default" which bypasses loading of a .conf file and all default options will be selected, and it will run.
So....there's something screwy in the formatting of the .conf file....perhaps it has some ^M's in there from winblows formatting.
Try making a new .conf file with the options in there that you want, and see what happens.
22nd March 2001, 00:06
Actually, I've figured it out after playing with the conf file for a while.
It was the port. I'm not sure why the port was being used (according to my server admin, it wasn't... =P), but just change the port a few times until you can find an open one.
22nd March 2001, 00:53
What I did was create a new sc_serv.conf with just the options I wanted to change, since everything else in the default sc_serv.conf is used by default...worked like a champ.
22nd March 2001, 23:09
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.