PDA

View Full Version : Imperialistic Stupidity

aXe
1st June 2001, 19:59
Today I was very sad to see that the guys at Nullsoft have accepted publishing a 3D skin named "Macedonia 202". Since that goes against the international treaties I, as a citizen of Greece, feel offended. The legal name for Skopje is FYROM and I think we should all respect that. I think we should not allow people doing propagandha wherever they like. I hope that someone will pay attention to such matters in the future...

John M
1st June 2001, 20:22
huh?

ElChevelle
1st June 2001, 20:23
:rolleyes:
Go Macedonia?!?

nateJC
1st June 2001, 21:00
Propaganda? It's the Macedonian flag, for crying out loud! The guy is just being patriotic. aXe, if this is offensive or violates any laws or treaties, please point it out to me because I do not see it.

weedsatan
2nd June 2001, 00:01
Then dont down it...

griffinn
2nd June 2001, 02:55
Originally posted by aXe
that goes against the international treatiesPlease quote the relevant sections of the relevant international treaties.

aXe
2nd June 2001, 20:32
The problem nateJC is that this is not the macedonian flag...This is the flag of FYROM (Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia). The state is not called Macedonia. Macedonia is part of Greece. Get it now???

Picaune News
2nd June 2001, 20:45
Sorry. That cannot be, because it holds me from world domination! :D

Seriously, I've found several references to International law that plainly say that it is not illegal.

nateJC
2nd June 2001, 22:49
Originally posted by aXe
The problem nateJC is that this is not the macedonian flag...This is the flag of FYROM (Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia). The state is not called Macedonia. Macedonia is part of Greece. Get it now???

Yes. Everything makes sense now, and I see how it could be offensive. Thanks for clarifying.

Picaune News
2nd June 2001, 23:22
Originally posted by watadoo
From my studies, Greece is really a part of Macedonia. :)

There REALLY ARE ancient manuscripts written in Linear B clarifying this fact. However, they aren't up to date.

weedsatan
3rd June 2001, 00:41
Originally posted by Picaune News
Originally posted by watadoo
From my studies, Greece is really a part of Macedonia. :)

There REALLY ARE ancient manuscripts written in Linear B clarifying this fact. However, they aren't up to date.

Dude even in Ancient Greek this is said..

Xerxes
3rd June 2001, 08:59
Most skinners and users would call skins "art" -

and art is not regulated by international politics no matter how insulting or inflamatory to people.

Your best option: forget about it and continue living life:)

aXe
3rd June 2001, 14:17
Reading again my first post I should admit that I may have been a little more irritated than I should and hey, Xerxes, you may have a point. This was partly motivated by silly comments about Greeks that came up with the skin...