PDA

View Full Version : a good idea

outpost051
6th June 2001, 19:51
I'm sure many people have asked this, so I will too:

Why doesn't Winamp have an e-mail policy with regard to skin/plug-in submissions?
They operate such a procedure with each reply from a forum posting, why don't they use this for submissions too?

nateJC
6th June 2001, 21:37
Notifying someone by e-mail when their skin is published does sound like a cool idea, but the folks at Nullsoft receive and therefore must reply to A LOT of e-mail (around 4000 messages a day, according to watadoo, our Forum Administrator), so bear in mind this may not be feasible.
However, many of the Nullsoft team members do visit these boards, so maybe one of them will answer you as to whether this would be possible.

Bizznatch
6th June 2001, 21:40
I think posting it on the forums is a better idea cuz it

a) More people can see it.
b) it doesnt involve opening email
c) none of the members have to worry about the attanchment being laced with a virus
d) it's faster
e) like NateJC said, the admins do come around here every once in a while.

f) If all else fails, there's always http://www.1001winampskins.com

:)

sgtfuzzbubble011
6th June 2001, 23:18
Originally posted by Bizznatch
f) If all else fails, there's always http://www.1001winampskins.com
And the last time I checked, they still allowed <cough> nudity <cough> in their skins. =P Not that I downloaded any, of course.** =D

**complete and utter bullshit.

NeoRenegade
7th June 2001, 04:12
Nudity... heh heh heh. That's always good.

I submitted a few skins to them in December 2000 and they still haven't been published.

Maybe they got hit by the Y2K1 bug? :D

InvisableMan
7th June 2001, 05:17
you have an expresso machine?? lucky..

sgtfuzzbubble011
7th June 2001, 22:05
I could go for some cafe au lait right about now...

John M
7th June 2001, 23:50
tommy lee has a friggin starbucks in his house. no fair.

Xerxes
8th June 2001, 00:05
Every single mom and pop coffee shop I have visited has always had better tasting coffee than starbucks...

Starbucks classic blend = Bitter, sour, nasty coffee

John M
8th June 2001, 00:50
i know of this excellent coffee shop called "coffee please". the best coffee on this earth. its friggin unreal, the smooth and even flavor, biggest selection of flavors. ummm. i can taste it now...

outpost051
8th June 2001, 18:27
:confused: How come I ask a question about e-mail and now everybody is talkin' about fuckin coffee?

:rolleyes: http://www.what-the-fuck.com

nateJC
8th June 2001, 19:16
Originally posted by watadoo
Originally posted by nateJC
but the folks at Nullsoft receive and therefore must reply to A LOT of e-mail (around 4000 messages a day, according to watadoo, our Forum Administrator), so bear in mind this may not be feasible.

Heh heh. Week, pard, a week. I'm not one of the x-men. Even with the expresso machine going non-stop I don't do 4,000 a day. hahahaha

Yeah i meant to type week, i just didn't notice the error. thanks for pointing that out though.

simon snowflake
8th June 2001, 20:10
Come to my place and I'll show (and let you taste)you some coffee!

ElChevelle
8th June 2001, 21:15
Originally posted by outpost051
:confused: How come I ask a question about e-mail and now everybody is talkin' about fuckin coffee?

Coffee tastes better than E-mail?

outpost051
9th June 2001, 12:20
Damn

I've just been blowing the dust from the contents of my inbox and lo-and-behold: Mike the Llama telling me my latest submission has been reviewed. :( Errrm. . .I must have missed that one-

:o Boy is my face red. . .

talking about coffee is now the most valid topic of conversation

griffinn
9th June 2001, 13:15
Originally posted by outpost051
How come I ask a question about e-mail and now everybody is talkin' about fuckin coffee?I don't mean to say anything about your deviant, uh I mean alternative, sexual preference, but please, for your genital's health, don't fuck coffee that's fresh out of the espresso machine. Make sure it's below 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) before dipping your instrument in there.

outpost051
10th June 2001, 22:13
Yeah, yeah...
I was just waiting for some smart-arse to point out my little double entendre ;).
:D You know what they say: "Once burned, twice shy..."

Kassie
11th June 2001, 01:47
*pops out of lurker mood*

~scares dust bunnies away from forum name~

Wow been awhile since I've seen this place....Anyways there is a place down here that makes awesome coffee called The Epitome....

Xerxes
11th June 2001, 02:19
Welcome back Kassie- our official forums ingenue :)

I used to like to go to a place called "Muddy's coffee" thats close to me- the owner was the only guy that worked there and he's a real cool guy, and told his customers that the chocolate "espresso bean" he put in his coffee were actually homing devices... ;) Sadly he closed down a couple months back- i remember going and seeing all the regulars standing outside and freaking out because they would have to go to the diedrich's across the street where all the local "ravers" work (freakos who have their earlobes elongated 2 inches and 3 nose rings, its nasty)

God i could go for a Cafe latte with a shot of mint right now... http://www.sargessmilies.homestead.com/files/drooling_anim.gif

ecstatic
11th June 2001, 21:39
Originally posted by Xerxes
God i could go for a Cafe latte with a shot of mint right now...

I'll give you some coffee, if ya know what i mean... uNF uNF