PDA

View Full Version : where the fuck is my skin

probus
12th June 2001, 19:48
After 2 weeks my skin finally seems to be published. When i search for the name of the skin, yes, it´s there:

http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.jhtml?componentId=63886

But nowhere else i can find it. not in the three categories i stated, not in the new skins list. Damn how am i gonna get some downloads now?

s1138
12th June 2001, 20:17
dont jump to conclusions.

are you telling me you searched through ALL thse thousands of skins and didnt find yours.

since 11 people have downloaded it, im sure its somewhere.

probus
12th June 2001, 21:37
I was quite present when the new skins came up, i went through them all the time, and couldn´t find it. Seems like i just found it in the category website(where i submitted it) but in the 255 place it won´t get many dowloads, i´m afraid

InvisableMan
12th June 2001, 22:56
if its a good skin, people will download it.

you wouldnt belive how many people just browse theskin sites all day :p

dogeye
13th June 2001, 00:56
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean...

Mine posted as well and I can only find it in the page where it keeps a list of my skins.

good luck searching for it. I guess the server went down or something and you can't search by author, name or anything. What's up with that?

I know what my own skin is named and it can't find it. Something is up.

InvisableMan
13th June 2001, 01:20
does it really matter? i cant find my skin, and i dont give a hoot

n_ick2000
13th June 2001, 02:46
Originally posted by probus
But nowhere else i can find it. not in the three categories i stated, not in the new skins list. Damn how am i gonna get some downloads now?

I have never posted a skin, but in the plugins I published, it gets put in the categories after the staff reviews it.

probus
13th June 2001, 11:11
yes invisible man, i do care if it gets downloaded, that´s what i made it for, and for promoting my site a little. When you update the skin and you publish it again, does it get in the recent skins again?

scottyc
13th June 2001, 12:13
aww, damn. After reading the subject for this thread, i thought i was going to get to hear a horribly grotesgue story about 3rd degree burns over probus' entire body.

And this post didn't help either.

Originally posted by InvisableMan
does it really matter? i cant find my skin, and i dont give a hoot

imagine the pain! You are a braver man than I'll ever be, IM.

scottyc
13th June 2001, 21:05
no one ever laughs at my jokes :o

InvisableMan
13th June 2001, 22:07
owwwwww... the paiiiinnnn..

i dont give a hoot. :p

probus
16th June 2001, 11:03
it was funny scottyc, keep it up