View Full Version : my cd player isnt working right now
20th June 2001, 00:05
I had just unistalled winamp for reasons I leave unsaid. All I want to do is play a cd without that stupid pop up window telling me i need winamp.exe for playing audio files but if i open my cd player fist it wont do that. im on Windows 98 SE™ . Anyone know where i go to fix that problem ?
20th June 2001, 01:21
No need to be a "Sour Kraut", this isn't too hard to fix. A bit complicated, yes, but not difficult.
1) Open My Computer
2) Click on the View menu, then click Folder Options...
3) Click on the File Types tab
4) Scroll through the file types for a listing that reads AudioCD. It will probably be marked "Open With WINAMP". To change this, click the Edit... button and a new window will pop up.
5) In the Actions: box you will see a listing for Play. Click the Edit... button to change that listing.
6) In the box titled Application used to perform action:, delete C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe and replace it with C:\Windows\CDPlayer.exe, assuming you want the CD Player that comes with Windows98 back.
Hope this helps,
20th June 2001, 01:33
you are the man , man thanks alot i appreciate it.
20th June 2001, 01:54
No problem. Glad I could help!
20th June 2001, 22:02
my cd-player isn't working neither.
but if i put a cd in it it does.
(since I did not have to help you anymore i wrote this, and not to be an ass)
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.