PDA

View Full Version : annoyance!

AnnaMac
28th June 2001, 22:34
This isnt a complaint or anything...but omg when i was looking through the Nsync skins...what the hell is up with all these ratings?? Holy crap who spends their days writing shit about them on the computer? no one gives a flying horses ass what you think, if you hate them then thats your problem buddy you have no F-ing life sitting at http://www.winamp.com writing "nsync sucks" everywhere! Sad people, sad.

nateJC
29th June 2001, 01:29
I agree with you, the new rating system kinda sucks. And it's not just N'Sync bashing either. Many, many other well made skins have suffered this same fate, In fact, if you'll look at the post in this forum titled "Slegers", you'll find some lowlife has used a skin author's real name to make bad comments about and screw up the ratings on other people's skins! I know what you're thinking, though. If the public opinion-style rating system is being abused, why not get rid of it? Because we can't think of anything better.

A while back, Winamp.com had a board of reviewers whose job was to give an honest and unbiased review of each and every skin regardless of content. It actually worked pretty well, with only the whiniest of folks complaining that the Winamp Powers That Be should have rated their skin higher. (well, maybe not only the whiniest of folks, but it was less than it was now) But then, Winamp.com started receiving a deluge of new skins with no time for them to be reviewed properly, so every skin got an automatic 3 stars and no explanation as to why.

This PO'ed so many people that the system was changed to this present one, which is why you have so many morons posting bullshit reviews like "NSYNC SUX D00D!!!!!!!!! TEH ARE A BUNCH OFF FAGGETZ!!!!!!!!!!!!" and also why Britney Spears skins are perpetually in the Top Five Skins category.

It sucks, I know. Let's just kill this whole rating thing altogether and organize skins by the date they were published and let each individual decide what is good and what is bad.

BTW, welcome to the Forums, Anna! And sorry about making you wade through four paragraphs of my long-winded, digressing bullshit. (That's right, you can swear on the Forums! But only in moderation.)

scottyc
29th June 2001, 01:46
the most important thing is that you can still get a list of all the skins that meet your needs, ie. nsync skins, and then you can look at all the thumbnails and decide for yourself which ones look go to you. Don't let those reviews bother you!

Besides, everyone loves 'N Sync! Some people are just too self-conscious to admit it publicly.

sgtfuzzbubble011
29th June 2001, 08:46
Backstreet Boys are better. :D

Welcome to the forums, Anna. :)

NeoRenegade
29th June 2001, 09:38
Why is it that every blind sheep "pop music" fan thinks that if you don't like their "group" — hell, what do you call 4 or 5 guys who don't write, and can hardly "perform" their own music? — then you have some sort of mental defect?

Anna, settle down. Deep down inside nobody really cares that N*Sync sucks. :D It's one of those facts of life that we all are comfortable with and it doesn't need to be debated :D:D

And if you want an N*Sync skin made, then make one yourself. You're the master, who has all knowledge of everything in life, so why not just whip up a skin with PSP or Photoshop yourself? :D:D:D

John M
29th June 2001, 11:34
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
— hell, what do you call 4 or 5 guys who don't write, and can hardly "perform" their own music? 5 guys with talent for 3 :D thanks WEBN.

Bizznatch
29th June 2001, 11:59
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
hell, what do you call 4 or 5 guys who don't write, and can hardly "perform" their own music?

Country Music Singers? :)

fish
29th June 2001, 13:37
Originally posted by nateJC
I agree with you, the new rating system kinda sucks. And it's not just N'Sync bashing either. Many, many other well made skins have suffered this same fate, In fact, if you'll look at the post in this forum titled "Slegers", you'll find some lowlife has used a skin author's real name to make bad comments about and screw up the ratings on other people's skins! I know what you're thinking, though. If the public opinion-style rating system is being abused, why not get rid of it? Because we can't think of anything better.

I agree. If they hate them so much, just fuck off and let the teeny-boppers go their way and the bashers go their way and both mind their own business.

It's like anarchists insulting old people. They don't do grafitti all over the nursing home beause they hate classical music! Why do they do this with the teeny boppers?
If it is that way, lets go torch the theaterand burn down the white house!

My god people...

the real Slade
4th July 2001, 08:44
With all due respect and fairness i'd just like to say

WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK

The only opinion that counts is your own but it is good to
hear what other people think even if it is utter crap...
Personally i dont like the group N*SYNC but i respect other
peoples opinions and choose not to sledge or force my
opinion onto them...

btw WELCOME TO THE FORUMS AnnaMac
P.S. if you want some kewl smilies to put in your posts go to http://www.mysmilies.com http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/cwm/3dlil/idea.gif

s1138
4th July 2001, 13:24
yay:D i love nsync more than i love nitrane.

Lepre41
5th July 2001, 03:52
hey... thanks for that cool link to the smilies website... hehe http://www.3dpcgames.com/cwm/s/cwm/cwm/evild.gif now I can infiltrate these forums with more than just useless posts... I can now do it with useless smilies http://www.3dpcgames.com/cwm/s/cwm/cwm/freak2.gif

oh, and as to nsync... nice catchy tunes at times, but for the most part they hardly find their way onto my playlist. But a skin shouldn't be judged on the quality of the music of the people on the skin, but on the quality of the skin itself.

the real Slade
5th July 2001, 07:07
wow you really can post useless crap Lepre41 teeheehee j/k

Your right it doesnt depend on the quality of the music
it depends on the quality of the skin...

http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/cwm/cwm3d/3dbiggrin3.gif

sorry i had to do it...

archerlink
7th July 2001, 23:00
I'm so tired of the skin bashing based upon it's central theme. I've seen some really nicely designed skins that were unappealing to me because they had a theme that I didn't care about. That doesn't mean I bash it! I've also seen some really great themes (Zelda) on some god aweful skins. It's fair to bash those (especially for ruining the good name of Zelda, haha). The bad ratings should be given to the stupid people who throw a background image of whatever onto the main window, use a skinner, and submit it. I can't stand people who churn out 3 junky skins a day and clutter up the web. YOU HEAR ME!? I'M TALKING TO YOU! Ok, maybe not you, but someone out there knows that I'm talking about them. So to those people, KNOCK IT OFF!