PDA

View Full Version : Poser's

Nofx Guy
30th July 2001, 05:22
God i hate poser's (prolly didnt spell it write , but who cares eh?) !! there's so many of them in the world, there are skater poser's , music posers and many more..

where i live ever since Tony Hawk came out on PS all these little kids started to skate, except they can't, they cant worth shit. they try to olly but they cant, they try to act like a bunch of punks , but they cant. it gets me so angry!!! ( i have nothin against skaters by the way )

also there all lots of followers in this world. they just lag around behind all the "popular" people and they all dress the same , listen to the same music, say the same phrases ect ect ect...

cant anybody be original anymore. i pride myself with being original, i'm like the only one where i live (a small town) who listens to punk, aggressive rollar blades, and does my hair all crazy like.

i'd be much happier to see people try to be origianl rather than trying be like the popular people just so they to can be popular. if they can be original rather than be a follower i'll give them way more credit as a person and except them for who they are.

John M
30th July 2001, 12:51
-i'm wearing plaid boxers

i'd be much happier to see people try to be origianl rather than trying be like the popular people just so they to can be popular. if they can be original rather than be a follower i'll give them way more credit as a person and except them for who they are.
would you like to help me kill all the teenyboppers?

congradulations for being your own person. some will never get that far.

zorpidus
31st July 2001, 09:51
I can't really disgree with you Nofx, but I guess there are just too few lifestyles for everyone to be original.

Also, other people will always try to put you in a certain category. Even if you think you don't belong in one.

Always take into account that people see you differently than what you think of yourself. You may think you're original, but others may categorize you as "ordinary"...

s1138
31st July 2001, 12:12
yes.....s1138 is very ordinary.....:rolleyes: :D

sgtfuzzbubble011
31st July 2001, 16:17
I'm unique because my cell phone has a smilie face in it. :D

zorpidus
31st July 2001, 16:51
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
I'm unique because my cell phone has a smilie face in it. :D

You mean the hologram smilie? Yeah, that's not unique :D

sgtfuzzbubble011
31st July 2001, 17:27
Oh, can it... It is too. :D

Xerxes
1st August 2001, 09:10
Originality is a relative term- come on down to Southern California (like... Pismo Beach wherabouts :)) and people will say you blend in pretty well.

I... think I am somewhat original... I don't listen to any music my friends listen too... heck most people on this board don't listen to it either (classical music)- i dress plain with preferably no logos showing; while this may seem the acme of conservativism, where I live you are ostracized for not wearing Kobe Bryant shoes, Spiking your hair (or doing that yucky thing you spike your hair and have half of it blond... god i hate that) wearing skater things... having your pants around the widest part (equator?;)) of your ass... and so on and so on...

But one should not be to concerned with originality - one should be cocnerned with being happy and living a happy life, enjoying what they listen to... what they are... what they do... If being percieved as "different" is what floats your boat, than so be it. But in my experience its just the source for social torture and exclusion- so it must be a pain fetish... this originality thing.

zorpidus
1st August 2001, 09:59
Originally posted by Xerxes
But one should not be to concerned with originality - one should be cocnerned with being happy and living a happy life, enjoying what they listen to... what they are... what they do... If being percieved as "different" is what floats your boat, than so be it. But in my experience its just the source for social torture and exclusion- so it must be a pain fetish... this originality thing.

Amen to that :D

NeoRenegade
2nd August 2001, 15:43
There are quite a few skater poseurs at the park where I work. They can't even ollie or kickflip... but at least there's one guy who's maybe 15 who can slide on rails and benches... can't do much else though (he can ollie but can only kickflip like once for every 30 tries).

But the guy's an anarchist/punk-poseur. One night at about 9:45 (during my shift) he threw eggs at a bunch of stuff in the park, and then ran like hell.

Well, at least when he does prank-calls on a girl's cel-phone, he uses a really funny chinese-sounding voice...

"Hey, you no yell-a at me, I customah!" rotflmfao :D

Mr. Bojanglez
12th August 2001, 12:37
i could of swore a poser was a program....

ElChevelle
12th August 2001, 13:29
Let me be the first to go :rolleyes:

Like Mercury and Comet are automobile lingo rather than astronomical terms.

Mr. Bojanglez
12th August 2001, 15:15
=-)-:ATTENTION:-(-=
Bojanglez knows how to make rolleyes smilies...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ElChevelle
12th August 2001, 16:54
You should! I know you've seen plenty pointed your way.
What's up with your profile, bojanglez? Are you impersonating another member?
http://elchevelle.homestead.com/files/Bojanglez.jpg

Scarface2k1
12th August 2001, 18:37
http://www.sargessmilies.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/laugh.gifhttp://www.sargessmilies.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/laugh.gifhttp://www.sargessmilies.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/laugh.gifhttp://www.sargessmilies.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/laugh.gifhttp://www.sargessmilies.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/laugh.gif

PrincessJulie
17th August 2001, 02:50
85% of the world's population is ignorant, meaning that they don't try to better themselves in all ways possible. There is that few 15% who try their best to keep this world in order so we all don't perish in the 85% mistakes. Be Proud to be part of the 15%, I know I am. March to your own Beat and don't let anyone tell you any different!
:D

missyob
17th August 2001, 18:24
Nofax Guy wrote:

where i live ever since Tony Hawk came out on PS all these little kids started to skate, except they can't, they cant worth shit. they try to olly but they cant, they try to act like a bunch of punks , but they cant. it gets me so angry!!!

My reply :

Dont be so hard on the little kids. My 8 and 9 year olds skateboard. They can do a few tricks, but are not "great skaters". How will they ever be able to olly and king flip if they dont try? It is a good form of excersize, and I like going to the skate park with them. As far as acting like punks not all of them do, I am welcome in their group of peers, and most of them have great manners and respect.

It is refreshing to hear that you are a leader and not a follower. Leaders go places.

Have a great day!

~ Missy

ElChevelle
17th August 2001, 18:45
Twice as many kids skateboard than play Soccer(in America anyway) so before you call anyone a poser, you need to step outside yourself. Are you Tony Hawk? If not, then you are calling yourself a poser.

missyob
17th August 2001, 19:34
I wish I had the money Tony Hawk has!!!!!!

:D

~ Missy

Lain
17th August 2001, 20:57
Originally posted by Nofx Guy

same here :)

egimp
18th August 2001, 01:47
" Imitation is the greatest form of flattery "

- Elvis

Kids trying to be just like Tony Hawk... there could be worse things, such as kids trying to be like Tim McVeigh. At least they picked a good role model.

The Gimp

Lepre41
18th August 2001, 02:24
Originally posted by PrincessJulie
Be Proud to be part of the 15%, I know I am.

heh. Well, I'm pretty sure you're joking here, but the sad thing is that many people aren't. Might be wrong, but it seems like a lot of people have a superiority complex. The categorize the rest of the impersonal world, and then call them stupid, non-thinkers, and wannabes for being in that group. I have several friends who do this, including one old grandpa who thinks all the other cars on the road are like sheep and it's his job to herd them all into place. It's quite scary to be in the car with him at the same time, let me assure you.

chimichanga15
20th August 2001, 05:50
Originally posted by PrincessJulie
85% of the world's population is ignorant

I think it's closer to 98 or 99... :(

Scarface2k1
20th August 2001, 16:24
http://www.sargessmilies.homestead.com/files/Smilies/WCA/laugh.gif

ElChevelle
20th August 2001, 22:06
I'm inclined to believe that the ignorant level is higher in the forums than in the real world.:p

egimp
21st August 2001, 02:26
Originally posted by ElChevelle
I'm inclined to believe that the ignorant level is higher in the forums than in the real world.:p

I don't get it, what's that supposed to mean ? Oh never mind, I really don't want to find out...:D

The Gimp

ElChevelle
21st August 2001, 14:00
It means that the forums were dealt an extra helping of ignorance when the ignorant stew was being passed around the table.

fish
8th September 2001, 14:14
Hmmm..
I'm listening to Sinatra right now.

Does that make me a beautiful and unique snowflake? :p

darkraider
10th September 2001, 08:02
I'm inclined to believe that the ignorant level is higher in the forums than in the real world.

Seems to me it isn't so much ignorance as it is egotism.

PulliSacri
10th September 2001, 21:29
Not to be judgemental or anything...
but usually people who bitch about poseurs are simply poseurs themselves. *shrug*

I really couldn't give a fuck about what the rest of the world is doing. If they wanna get shirts from Contrampo Casuals reading "Punk," fine. Have fun. As long as you don't try and talk to me, you can fashion yourself however the way you want.

But god how I hate Nofx. The only "punk" band I hate more is Blink 182. Well, and The Butternut Boys, but that's just because they suck.

I'm not a poseur, just a loser. And I don't give a crap about what you think of me! Yay!