PDA

View Full Version : I.... want.... new.... skins.... posted..... now!!.

boingo82
1st August 2001, 11:46
So, I posted my new Ghostbuster skin 3 weeks ago, and not only is it not up on the site, but according to the "Most Recent" list, nothing else has been posted either. I know they're having skin problems now, but c'mon. 3 weeks! The worst part is that I meant to do an update, but they had changed the posting thing all around since the last time I posted, so I ended up posting as a new skin. I didn't want to be one of those annoying people with 15 different versions of the same skin, so I deleted the old one. OF COURSE it deletes my old skin instantly but still hasn't posted the new version. :mad: Grrrr....maybe I should go to bed.

Emily

"When Gary told me he had found Jesus, I thought Ya-hoo! We're rich! But it turned out to be something different."
- Jack Handey

archerlink
1st August 2001, 13:54
I too have posted a skin, although mine was about 3-4 weeks ago. I know that eventually mine will get posted, but it'd be nice to have at least some new skins to peruse, even if it isn't mine. I suppose we will just have to chill, but just so Winamp knows, the masses are becoming restless!

s1138
1st August 2001, 15:13
there are thousands of skins, i doubt you have looked at them all

archerlink
1st August 2001, 15:15
good point s1138

sgtfuzzbubble011
1st August 2001, 16:24
I just took a look at my crap-ass skins last night. I had forgotten about them, so I logged into my winamp.com account to see which ones were still there. Then, I realized just how long it had been since I actually posted them. I posted my first skin over a year and a half ago. :eek: And it still sucks. :D

nateJC
1st August 2001, 23:50
Please. You wanna see some crap?

http://www.winamp.com/components/detail.jhtml?componentId=37719
http://www.winamp.com/components/detail.jhtml?componentId=37696
http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.jhtml?componentId=23597

mosleyharoldjr
5th August 2001, 18:10
Originally posted by s1138
there are thousands of skins, i doubt you have looked at them all
"There are thousands of skins, i doubt you have looked at them all.",is one of the biggest loads of poop i've ever read!What an insult!As if someone searching for their own skin would'nt look for the skin with every combination of words possible to track it down,as i have done countless times in the past 3 weeks!
So,after much patience and few answers from Mt. Winamp pantheon,i have to say,it's a truly inciting experince to have submitted 2 or 3 of your skins,wait for 3 to 4 weeks and still get no word or not see them posted,and then,for icing,have some"administrator",whoprobably does'nt have any problems getting a skin posted,i suspect,due to thier unsympathetic and pompous attiutude,tell you you don't know how to use a search engine tofind something that you created or at least know the name of.
Please,in the future,spare us at least the audaciousness of your insult , if not the insult itself.

fish
5th August 2001, 18:50
What? That's an insult? At least s1138 has common sense :rolleyes:

All he's saying is that there are thousands of skins posted at winamp.com, and he doubts that you have looked at each and every one of them! Is it that hard for you???

>>As if someone searching for their own skin would'nt look for the skin with every combination of words possible to track it down,as i have done countless times in the past 3 weeks! <<

So you're saying that in the last three weeks you've looked at every skin on winamp.com? In that case, I think you deserve an insult...

My GOD mosleyharoldjr :rolleyes:

mosleyharoldjr
5th August 2001, 21:44
Originally posted by phisherman
What? That's an insult? At least s1138 has common sense :rolleyes:

So you're saying that in the last three weeks you've looked at every skin on winamp.com? In that case, I think you deserve an insult...

My GOD mosleyharoldjr :rolleyes:
why would i look for every skin ,if i could type in a name or a keyword and get a specific skin,like the one i'm looking for,let's say. so you're trying to tell me that in order to find a skin with a specific name,that i would have to actually look at all of the obviously thousands of skins to find one ,whose name i actually have?my GOD indeed

boingo82
7th August 2001, 01:08
To add to the "already looked at all of the skins" argument; I would say roughly 3/4 of the skins on this site are not worth looking at. At all. You know the ones: A badly JPEG-compressed and then stretched-to-fit picture of some scantily-clad female with the generic winamp buttons dropped over the top of the picture, sometimes obscuring said female's face. Honestly, people. Am I REQUIRED to look at every skin before I can hope to see mine posted?? There are only 4 Ghostbusters skins posted now. I think we need one more.
Later.

. - .... .- -. ....
7th August 2001, 13:04
Take a look at this thread....

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=56552

mosleyharoldjr
7th August 2001, 18:30
this person understands exactly what i'm talking about,because what he said is just another example of someone working hard on a skin or plug-in,looking for 1 or 2 of their own designs,not being able to find them by name(via search),and then searching again and again with the name broken and or alternatively spelled,not being able to find them still,and then being told what amounts to keep looking.
as to boingo82's argument, it is also extremely disheartening to slave over your creation for many hours at a time(sometimes adding up to a week or more),submit them,and wait and wait only to see many crappy skins that the authors,obviously,spent little to no time on,get posted with a fervor,as if there is a saint for crappy skins,and yours sit in the "unpublished" section forever.
so,do i truly deserve an insult for complaining only after
i have done everything required of me to either search for a skin that i've been notified has been posted,is mine and still i cannot find or get frustrated because i see thousands of crappy skins ,like the ones described by b82,getting published by the gig? no,more than likely not.

fish
7th August 2001, 19:24
What I still don't get is why in all hell would you consider the sentence "there are thousands of skins, i doubt you have looked at them all" an insult? The effect I got from your response was that you were offended that he doesn't believe someone would look at every single skin, more or less affecting your "macho skinner status", for lack of something better.

Also, just rudely butting into a thread in retaliation to a statement that wasn't even directed at you disgusts me :mad::rolleyes:

boingo82
8th August 2001, 02:12
To phisherman: I don't think mosleyharoldjr ment that the statement was an insult to him personally, but perhaps he was just saying that he has looked at all the skins he could find which were relevant to his particular interests, and, as such, was entitled to complain. After all, this is the bitchlist.

mosleyharoldjr: I agree with you for the most part, except for a few things:
#1= I am a girl.
#2= Lately I have not seen any new skins get posted, much less with a fervor. (That is, with the exception of those "naked" skins. <shudders> )

And thanks ethan_h for the info. I can't wait to see some new skins on the site, whether or not they're mine.

Thanks all.
boingo82

Mr. Bojanglez
13th August 2001, 20:21
skins being published now :D :D

is your ghostbuster skin by any chance skinner.exe? :mad:

ranman38
14th August 2001, 22:25
NO SHI* MAN, I POSTED A UPDATE TO MY SIMPLY EARNHARDT SKIN 4 WEEKS AGO. DAM! WHAT IS THE DEAL?????

. - .... .- -. ....
14th August 2001, 23:20
Originally posted by ranman38
NO SHI* MAN, I POSTED A UPDATE TO MY SIMPLY EARNHARDT SKIN 4 WEEKS AGO. DAM! WHAT IS THE DEAL?????

<cut><paste>

Take a look at this thread....

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=56552

:rolleyes:

ranman38
15th August 2001, 23:01
Alright I will chill. A little frustrating since my skin was getting downloaded at 1700 in just over a month. Ah well, patience is a virtue. thanks

boingo82
16th August 2001, 07:18
Is my Ghostbusters skin Skinner.exe??? My feelings are so hurt! :( No no no - I use only Photoshop (legal version, I'll have you know) and of course my friend WinZip. I think the Skinner.exe skins should probably be disallowed.
On vacation and loving it -
boingo82

InvisableMan
16th August 2001, 08:57
heh

you want to see a skin that sucks?

this probably the worst skin ive ever seen.

http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.jhtml?componentId=53655