PDA

View Full Version : MTV Get Off The Air!

EvilDick23
1st September 2001, 08:05
How many are fed up with glam rock and the mainstream? It just so happens that corporations would most graciously like to pad their pockets with your hard earned dime, and if the music is popular why not spread it all over everyone like a cheap cracker spread. If you have never been to a club or live show, GO! By live show I mean go to a small club where the your choked in cigarette/fag smoke, bad bar service, two toothed women and humpback men. Enjoy your music, don't let your music enjoy you!

Carmagio
1st September 2001, 12:53
If you kill MTV, half of America's population won't know what music they're supposed to like.

fish
1st September 2001, 14:48
Originally posted by Carmagio
If you kill MTV, half of America's population won't know what music they're supposed to like.

Not only that, they won't know how to dress or how to talk so the entire continent would go beck to the fifties wearing argyle sweaters to school every day :D

Bilbo Baggins
1st September 2001, 15:45
I would like to make a point.

I have never watched MTV, in any of its guises in my life. What does that make me?

chiquita chad
1st September 2001, 16:24
i like mtv... as long as i dont watch all the shows (say what kareoke, tell me moore)

i like shows like jackass, andy dick, and daria...

n_ick2000
1st September 2001, 17:08
I like MTV too. MTV2 is better tho.

+InGothWeTrust+
1st September 2001, 18:28
mtv is nothing but a brainwash for the masses...

I remember back in the day when I could turn mtv on and see tool...RATM, soundgarden...slipknot...*shakes head*

and now I turn mtv on and its nothing but that pretty boy Carson, TRL, Britney Spears, BSB and NSync...its conformity for the young...my god, mtv is almost a religion in some aspects...

its a conspiracy...*babbles* tele-tubbies, mr.rogers, blues clues...now mtv...GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!

asshole
1st September 2001, 18:55
Originally posted by Carmagio

Too true.

Am I the only one who thinks Destiny's Child sucked (*cough*BIG nuts*cough*)? :confused:

Carmagio
2nd September 2001, 00:09
This is going to warrant a lot of anger, but I hate any song that is played on MTV....... if it wasn't released pre 80's I just cant listen to it :( (there are a few exception's, but not many)

Edwards
2nd September 2001, 00:40
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
I would like to make a point.

I have never watched MTV, in any of its guises in my life. What does that make me?

About 43 years old. :D

Carmagio
2nd September 2001, 00:48
oh god, i've suddenly aged 20 years.

John M
2nd September 2001, 01:21
pop music fucking sucks. here's my attempt at writing a pop song, based on everything i've seen on MTV:

Fake breasted blond "singer": 'I'm a slut and i sing'
Rapper: 'all my cars go bling bling'
singer: 'come here and lick my plastic tit'
rapper: 'look at all this iced out shit'
singer: 'i'm so glad i got this record deal'
rapper: 'i hope this bullet wound does heal'

i mean, come on people. rap is ok, as long as its not sellout shit (hi MC hammer). i like d12, i think theyre cool. and puddle of mudd, drowning pool, tool, saliva, etc are all cool. but damn, man. i mean, i have a younger sister, and i worry. some of the girls i know are complete sluts, and i wonder what it'll be like when she hits high school. and dont try to tell me it has nothing to do with pop music. if britney spears wore a loose t-shirt and baggy jeans, so would 98% of all girls 8-18.

chiquita chad
2nd September 2001, 02:44
anyone else notice that MTV fell apart when Rage Against The Machine broke up?

NeoRenegade
2nd September 2001, 04:32
MTV sucks fat, sweaty, bed-rash-covered ass. We should all be watching MuchMusic instead.

ElChevelle
2nd September 2001, 12:03
MTV lost this viewer back when they canned Headbanger's Ball.

EvilDick23
2nd September 2001, 16:19
HeadBanger's Ball had a little originality along with the Doctor Demento thing. From then on, it's all down hill.

weedsatan
3rd September 2001, 02:07
Alternative Nation.. That's still good... The rest .. SUCKS

ElChevelle
3rd September 2001, 12:14
What happened?
Did BET(Black Entertainment Television)buy out MTV?:p