PDA

View Full Version : Women.........................................again

ElChevelle
21st September 2001, 05:25
I had no luck whatsoever resurrecting the original "Women" thread so decided to start another. A part II so to speak, as some of you would acknowledge:)
The reason for me resurrecting this ominous thread is that after 10 plus years, I STILL have a woman haunting me.
My only assurance is that she was and always will be my soulmate. As evidenced by my Music-o-rama post earlier, I did some video music downloading on KaZaa. By some strange coincidence, I downloaded some Lita Ford videos, which reminded me deeply of my ex-girlfriend Paula.
She'll never know the love that I still hold for her, even after all these years. She's thousands of miles and hundreds of hugs apart from me yet still occupies my mind through the music we both shared.
Not a day goes by that I don't listen to a song that I either recorded to tape or CD for her to express my love for her.
Perhaps, it was the only way I could tell her how much I loved her. Perhaps, I was unable to tell her in mere words.
Hopefully, the afterlife will lead a road back to each other.
She has left me with only memories of a love long gone, yet never gone.

Why is music an everlasting bond between man and woman?
Why can't it bring us together in more than memory?

Bizznatch
21st September 2001, 09:47
ouch dude, LDRs don't work, I know from experience. :(

asshole
21st September 2001, 20:26
Originally posted by ElChevelle

Hopefully, the afterlife will lead a road back to each other.
She has left me with only memories of a love long gone, yet never gone.

Why is music an everlasting bond between man and woman?

IF there is an afterlife and IF it leads you together, there is also a chance that it will end the same way it did.

I don't think music is the bond. Music just brings back the memory that you've always had inside.

Bilbo Baggins
21st September 2001, 20:35
This will seem a bit daft, but did you two have a song that you called "our song". Me and my girlfriend do:o

chiquita chad
21st September 2001, 22:00
my girlfriend and I's song is... *cough*:o*cough* This I Promise You by NSYNC *cough*:o*cough*

take it easy on me guys... shes damn hot

rm'
22nd September 2001, 02:43
The reason for me resurrecting this ominous thread is that after 10 plus years, I STILL have a woman haunting me.
My only assurance is that she was and always will be my soulmate.

Hmmph. I'd like to say something reassuring, but I don't think I'm qualified to do that. Regardless, I think it's helpful to at least be in the mindset that you'll have a bright future with someone.

NeoRenegade
22nd September 2001, 16:50
Something I find works well when you're down about love is to seek comfort from your female friends.

When you're feelig a bit better (and confident again), seek love, maybe with one of those female friends, or elsewhere :)

asshole
22nd September 2001, 19:16
Originally posted by chiquita chad
my girlfriend and I's song is... *cough*:o*cough* This I Promise You by NSYNC *cough*:o*cough*

take it easy on me guys... shes damn hot

Being hot doesn't automatically make her a great person. :) You might dislike her later on and don't want to "promise" anymore. :D

I keep getting tired of songs after hearing them for a while, so I can't really pick a song for me and my gf.

NeoRenegade
23rd September 2001, 15:13
All hail the Asshole!

Problem with me is I like way too many songs and they're all either metal or techno or electronic. Makes it really tough to choose "our song" if I had a girlfriend.

papadoc
24th September 2001, 00:32
ElChevelle, sounds like a frustration I've dealt with for a long time.
I've been writing poetry and songs for 30 years.
I have no problem expressing my thoughts and feelings in verse.
But I have no skills communicating verbally or as is evident in the way I write on message boards.

The last steady girlfriend I had I really loved.
And I told her so.
But I could never really express how I felt.
I tried because I thought it would mean more to her to hear
it from me personally rather than write her a song or a poem.
By the time I realized that I could'nt express my feelings verbally
it was too late.
She moved back to Mississippi.
So I wrote a song, recorded it on cassette and sent that and the words to her. She said if she had only known.
I know we'll never get together again. She got married last year.
But it was the song that made things better.
That is my frustration.
Knowing the right words to say, and not knowing how to say them.
If I could always speak and write in verse, I guess I'd be ok.
But then I'd always be singing and you don't want to hear that.:D

John M
24th September 2001, 00:52
dont worry about women. the right one will find her way to you.

I hope :(

millenniumviperx
24th September 2001, 17:25
i miss the girl i lost too......i wish i could get her back. she was what made me truly happy. i hope we all find happiness one day...

ElChevelle
24th September 2001, 20:11
In the meantime, let's just screw everything in sight:p

missyob
24th September 2001, 20:14
My heart goes out to you Chev, you are a special person.

From a womans point of view.......

Women need to be held. We need to be told we are special and made to feel that way. We want to be told that we are your princess, and no one in the world is better for you than us. We need a lot of communication and words. We are the emotional type, run high on emotions, and a lot of our decisions are based on emotion rather than logic. We like to be talked to and paid attention to.

Hold on in your heart what you had with her, but dont let it hold you back from what you could you have in the future with someone else. Dont close your heart from what could be an even happier relationship than you ever imagined.

Have a good night hon,

~ Missy

papadoc
24th September 2001, 23:59
Great insight:Originally posted by missy
Women need to be held. We need to be told we are special and made to feel that way. We want to be told that we are your princess, and no one in the world is better for you than us. We need a lot of communication and words. We are the emotional type, run high on emotions, and a lot of our decisions are based on emotion rather than logic. We like to be talked to and paid attention to.
Great words:Originally posted by missy too
Hold on in your heart what you had with her, but dont let it hold you back from what you could you have in the future with someone else. Dont close your heart from what could be an even happier relationship than you ever imagined.

btw...like your avatar missy ;)

missyob
25th September 2001, 00:43
Originally posted by captnwizard
btw...like your avatar missy ;)

/me curtsies, and says "Why thank you wizard". Without your post, my avatar would not be possible"

~ Missy

ElChevelle
25th September 2001, 12:44
Originally posted by missyob
Hold on in your heart what you had with her, but dont let it hold you back from what you could you have in the future with someone else. Dont close your heart from what could be an even happier relationship than you ever imagined

That sounds like a hint, hint;)

John M
26th September 2001, 03:02
She wants you Chev. Dear God, she wants you.

and i want...

A big ass cake cuz its my 1800th post!

or not :D

jns
26th September 2001, 09:55
Originally posted by John M
and i want...
me? :D

NukePeng
26th September 2001, 17:19
This happened to me with my last girl. It took me a while to go on but i eventually did. Now i can listen to my CD's again. I'm lucky enough to have a far out there girl who likes the same metal music I do. OUR sond is "Bounce" by System of a Down

JUMP Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo
BOUNCE Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo

missyob
26th September 2001, 18:45

That sounds like a hint, hint;)

I dont know how to reply Chev. I wasnt hitting on you, as a friend, I was just triing to give advice.

~ Missy

John M
26th September 2001, 22:23
Originally posted by NukePeng
This happened to me with my last girl. It took me a while to go on but i eventually did. Now i can listen to my CD's again. I'm lucky enough to have a far out there girl who likes the same metal music I do. OUR sond is "Bounce" by System of a Down

BOUNCE Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo pogo stick instead of a trampoline, i can see that :D

Bilbo Baggins
27th September 2001, 09:00
*Group Hug*

jns
27th September 2001, 09:24
*hugs bilbo* :D

Naamloos
27th September 2001, 16:49
Originally posted by NukePeng

BOUNCE Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo Pogo

Lol I was listening to this song as i was reading this :)
Cool man, ive got the CD and it rox :) Toxicity is a nice number but Chop Suey! rules

bschuler
29th September 2001, 19:19
Maybe it's me....

But she's still in your heart and a soulmate because she is thousands of miles/hugs away. Of course we all want what we can't have.. or even more so, long for what we did have. People tend to remember only the good things. But I have a feeling that if she was around today, tomarrow, and for the next year... you wouldn't like her nearly as much.

Personally, I like reflecting on my ex's. I know every one of them, given a second chance, would cause me to run again. But by reflecting on them, I can imagine them the way I want to. And in my head, they are perfect. While in reality, it's a far different story.

Chev, your soulmate wasn't her (as evidenced by the thousands of miles). It was probably the person standing next to her when you met her. Go meet new people and increase your chances. But truth is, nobody will be as good as that person in your head. I don't know who that person is...but it certainly isn't your ex.

I have a very similar ex situation.. but she's only a few miles away. Personally, I'd rather keep her in my head than ruin it by finding out the obvious. That she isn't my soulmate. I need that perfect woman in my head... to keep me alive.

theknub
3rd October 2001, 07:07
i know how ur feeling. little over a year ago i got out of a big relationship and for the longest time i couldn't truly live. every moment i thought about her and every song reminded me of her. over time, things got better for me. it was finally over this summer that i really started dating again. then not three weeks ago i met this truly wonderful girl and life has taken an absolute 180 degree turn. just stay positive, hang out with friends, and be yourself. drop the fixation that you have and life will move in a positive direction for you.