PDA

View Full Version : im getting sick of this

s1138
4th October 2001, 10:14
dont flame me.

my chemistry teacher had us do a lab...we tie-dye white shirts, with red and blue. patriotic stuff. i have no problem with that

BUT NOW she had changed the lab, we have to do a whole bunch of other shit.
here is how we are being graded on the lab:

5pts. Bringin Dye
5pts. T-Shirt
20pts. participation in lab
15pts. cleaning up.
40pts. choose 2 of the following:
thank-you letter to firemen or policemen in NY
poem about patriotism (7 stanzas- 4lines)
story about patriotism (5 paragraph 6 sentences each)
10pts. wear tie-dyed shirt all day next friday
5pts. bring food next friday

and this counts as 2 grades! it started out being fun, but now i have to write ANOTHER essay, poem, or a letter to people who havent helped me in anyway.

John M
4th October 2001, 10:20
the wise john-san speaks:

poetry needs not to have rhyme or meter. you can just write words and its a poem (Xerxes & RM would fight me to death on that point ;)) and just write a nice letter on the bus friday morning.

Bilbo Baggins
4th October 2001, 12:36
Or just tell her you support bin Laden:p

Twilightseer
4th October 2001, 13:37
Egad ! :p
A teacher that would've asked me for this would have gotten
a bunch of insults as a result. Seriously, where does she think she is ?

s1138
4th October 2001, 19:28
i would bring up that i hate doing this...but most of the rest of the class is all happy.

grrr...i hate school

Someonebutnotme
4th October 2001, 20:16
Originally posted by s1138
i would bring up that i hate doing this...but most of the rest of the class is all happy.

grrr...i hate school

Bring it up anyway. Watadoo is right, it has nothing to do with chemistry.

papadoc
4th October 2001, 22:01
Sounds like she's getting carried away with the patriotic stuff
if that's possible. And I thought most folks sent those thank you letters last week.
But better late than never I suppose.
Not much chemistry involved in that me thinks.
Tie-dye huh?
That's something I'm trying to create in Photoshop, so it looks
like what you see on T-shirts.
It's a definite challenge to get it just right.
Oh well...I keep on truckin'

Twilightseer
5th October 2001, 07:12
Originally posted by watadoo
In the land of mindless repetition of whatever is seen on TV, Vincent. It's sad.

Indeed. France is not any better than this, I guess.

jns
5th October 2001, 09:21
The whole of the west is like that, with a few, very few, exceptions who realize how it is, but, how do you make mindless creatures think when they have chosen not to think because that is easier?
I say this: Don't let others think for you, start thinking for yourselves!

missyob
6th October 2001, 17:56
s1138 did you do the assignment? If not, what happend?

~ Missy

uluguru
6th October 2001, 18:56
Originally posted by jns
The whole of the west is like that, with a few, very few, exceptions who realize how it is, but, how do you make mindless creatures think when they have chosen not to think because that is easier?
I say this: Don't let others think for you, start thinking for yourselves!

I agree with JNS, but how to think for yourself when you are continually bombarded with information aimed to manipulate you. Oh how I wih I was back in my african village in the meddle of know where; Long live Kinole.

s1138
6th October 2001, 22:20
Originally posted by missyob
s1138 did you do the assignment? If not, what happend?

~ Missy

so far ive made the shirt...the other stuff aint due till friday.

missyob
6th October 2001, 22:23
s1138 I think you should start a thread in GF for the thank you letter to the firemen. It would be great to see what ideas come out if it, and it would make the homework assignment a lot easier for you :)

~ Missy

s1138
7th October 2001, 01:24
good idea. thanks missy:)

Twilightseer
8th October 2001, 07:15
What would be interesting too would be to ask your "teacher" if she feels like she's doing her job with this patriotic bullshit.

Bilbo Baggins
8th October 2001, 09:49
At the end ofthe day though, if he wants to pass his grades, then he has got to do the work.

You cannot argue with this sort of thing, that is waht you go to school. you must do the work teachers set you, whether or no you think it is related or relevant to what you are doing, or waht you would like to be doing.

Carmagio
8th October 2001, 15:41
Originally posted by s1138

and this counts as 2 grades! it started out being fun, but now i have to write ANOTHER essay, poem, or a letter to people who havent helped me in anyway.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And people wonder why our education system is doing a seemingly poor job preparing kids for post secondary careers.

Your teacher is a fool, and should have no right imposing this on you. It has nothing to do with the subject she's teaching. Honestly, it' great that she wants to honor the victims of sept 11, but to give children grades for showing patriotism.

s1138
11th October 2001, 23:57
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its due tomorrow, i cant think of ANYTHING to write.

how the fuck am i suppose to write FIVE paragraph essay about love for my country!
and what the fuck am i suppose to say in a thank you letter to the FDNY?!?!?!

OR, i could write a 7 stanza poem

THIS IS TOO FUCKING MUCH!!!!!

IM GONNA GET AN F BECAUSE I DONT LOVE MY COUNTRY ENOUGH!!! THIS IS FUCKING PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!

rm'
12th October 2001, 01:19
Originally posted by John M
poetry needs not to have rhyme or meter. you can just write words and its a poem (Xerxes & RM would fight me to death on that point ;))

No we wouldn't.

And s-dude, the essay should be easy. It's hard to run out of things to love about America. But, I agree with everyone; this is definetly something you should be marked on, especially in a Chemistry class.

weedsatan
12th October 2001, 01:28
Take a poetry book..
prefferrable not sexual in nature...
You take a pen
you write that down on a peace of paper..
give it to the teacher...
claim your points
or treathen to sue... :)
finished

ps:for them fire men?
Better make it sexual in nature then.. :)

s1138
12th October 2001, 01:47
yay im done!!!

thanks puppet...i stole his quote:rolleyes:

ah well. the essay sucks, its all wrong. and i hope she dont read it

Narnie
16th October 2001, 08:15
You should have written about your freedoms on the winamp forums. I can see it now: Five glorious paragraphs of winamp propaganda. It's something you’re apparently interested in, and can easily tie into the freedom of speech that's built into the constitution.

just an afterthought though....