PDA

View Full Version : France sucks

Twilightseer
30th October 2001, 08:55
Yeah, that's right. I reiterate : France sucks.
Reason of the rant : "Cut Here", the Cure's brand new single was released officially yesterday and no fucking record store in this shitty country had it. :mad: France is always too late in everything, the good records, videogames and movies are never released here, or so confidentially that it's all worthless. The music scene here is motly shit, this country is ridiculous at political level (we have only one big aircraft carrier and its runway was built too short, where else in the world would you see that ?), the majority of people act like silly sheep and I'm pissed to think that this is my country.

Done, I feel better :)

. - .... .- -. ....
30th October 2001, 09:27
To words:

French Chicks

*drool*

:p

Bilbo Baggins
30th October 2001, 09:40
Originally posted by Twilightseer
France sucks.

I personally would have left it at that ;) (http://www.phatphong.f2s.com)

weedsatan
30th October 2001, 17:31
Hey not all France sux.
I know some really nice French ppl and some regions are just heaven on earth.
I'm talking about the Ardeche area here..

c2R
30th October 2001, 18:11
I must say I quite like France, except for a couple of things.

1. French Customs - we went there for a day trip from Newhavem to Dieppe this weekend, and both when entering and leaving the country the French searched my car. They refused to accept I wasn't an international drug smuggler :eek:

2. French Drivers - is using a roundabout really that difficult? They pull out in front of you and do stupid things like drive all the way round in the outside lane :rolleyes:

s1138
30th October 2001, 21:21
so move here to america for a few months.

then youll go back and think france is heaven:D

weedsatan
31st October 2001, 00:25
Or visit me in wonderful CORRUPT as hell Belgium.
A lot closer and will do what America does in less than one week :)

ujay
31st October 2001, 01:10
Spent quite a bit of time driving trucks across France, always had a good time. The French like les camions, they give you a discount in the restraunts, even on the service areas. The roads are mostly beautiful and empty, no comparison with England, the drivers are no problem, no one messes with a truck. But the customs can be real sods I agree.
Don't think the people are any less stupid than anywhere else, get out and about on this planet and the thing that strikes you most is how similar people are. You can have a good time anywhere given enough wine. :)

UJ

John M
31st October 2001, 01:19
Originally posted by weedsatan
Or visit me in wonderful CORRUPT as hell Belgium.
A lot closer and will do what America does in less than one week :) smoke weed & have sex with hookers?

c2R
1st November 2001, 00:18
Originally posted by ujay
The roads are mostly beautiful and empty, no comparison with England, the drivers are no problem, no one messes with a truck. But the customs can be real sods I agree.
Don't think the people are any less stupid than anywhere else, get out and about on this planet and the thing that strikes you most is how similar people are. You can have a good time anywhere given enough wine. :)

Yeah, I do like driving there, it's just that my little Twingo seems very little compared with the nutters in the towns!

Although, for anyone that's ever driven down the Mile End Road, I bet they'll agree that is equally daunting!

I have to agree about the people - they're a wonderful, friendly crowd (well, in the country anyway). They accepted us holidaying folks and even let us join in their petanque games etc.

Bop
1st November 2001, 01:35
VIVA LA FRANCE!!!!
http://library.thinkquest.org/50055/france/Francefl.jpg

NeoRenegade
1st November 2001, 17:32
Originally posted by Boplicity
VIVA LA FRANCE!!!!
Huge motherfuckin' image (http://library.thinkquest.org/50055/france/Francefl.jpg) Uh, you mean VIVE LA FRANCE, right?

NeoRenegade
1st November 2001, 17:34
You think France sucks? I live in the Canadian province of Québec. You should see how stupid the french people are here!

I can think of one stupid thing right off the bat - nearly half the fucking cities and streets here are named after saints!

. - .... .- -. ....
1st November 2001, 17:38
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
...I live in the Canadian province of Québec. You should see how stupid the french people are here!...

er... wouldn't that make them canadian people???

John M
1st November 2001, 20:07
no, in quebec thers a lotta frenchies, most there are either all french speaking or bilingual. just the kind people that settled that area, i guess.

Bilbo Baggins
1st November 2001, 23:19
England is a much nicer country. If you have ever walked through an isolated English woodland in high summer, with the sunlight flitting between the oak branches, and sat in a clearing with the lush grass curled about your knees, then you have seen England at its best.

I know this feeling personally, and i love it :D

c2R
2nd November 2001, 06:55
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
England is a much nicer country. If you have ever walked through an isolated English woodland in high summer, with the sunlight flitting between the oak branches, and sat in a clearing with the lush grass curled about your knees, then you have seen England at its best.

There's many things about the English countryside that are lovely, particularly in the summer.

A favorite of mine is driving down the country lanes at night when there's a full moon (and not just to avoid the police after having been to the pub...:D )

But then again, at least France has nice weather (well, the southern part...)

NeoRenegade
2nd November 2001, 15:40
Just to give you an idea of how stupid the french people are here...
French people are something like 95% of Quebec's population. More than half the people here never signal lane changes, or even turns unless it's a 4-way intersection.

Once a guy nearly ran over my heels when I was crossing the street totally legally. So I gave him the finger, for which he started yelling at me. I told him to take drivers' ed and to actually listen the next time around and he acted as if he didn't even hear me (damn arrogant uneducated frenchies).

This story's from my father:
Some guy was driving a gardening truck with a trailer in front of him... neither the taillights on the truck or on the trailer were working at all. He was going rather slow so my father passed him. At the next light or something, the guy rolled down his window and yelled at my father about the illegality of passing when the line on the road is solid white. My father mentioned the fact that the guy's lights weren't working at all and he acted as if there was nothing wrong with never being able to signal anything or for anybody to know when you're stopping :p

c2R
2nd November 2001, 18:10
French people are something like 95% of Quebec's population. More than half the people here never signal lane changes, or even turns unless it's a 4-way intersection.

I feel that a worse crime than not signalling has to be middle lane drivers! The rules in the US are probably different, but in most of Europe the driver should always pull back into the nearside lane when they've finished overtaking slower vehicles.

The amount of (usually old) people who can't be bothered with this is staggering. Most distressing and all :rolleyes:

dylman
2nd November 2001, 20:25
God came back to Heaven after six long days of work. Gabriel had been wondering where his boss had been all this time and went over to ask him.
“I have created a world” he replied. “It is a beautiful thing, and I intend it to be a place of very great balance.”
“What do you mean?” Gabriel asked.
“Look,” said God. “It’s cold at the poles, and hot in the middle. There are very dry places called deserts, and very wet places called seas. There are people who are black, and there are people who are white. Everything is perfectly in balance, exactly as I intended it to be.”
“Ah,” said Gabriel. “but what is that small place just over there? It looks lovely!”
“That is Wales,” replied God. “It is a land of beautiful mountains and fertile lands. The people are kind, generous, and loving to their fellows, and yet also fearless fighters. They are passionate and committed in everything they set their minds to. They are inventors, artisans, and poets. Their wisdom and perspicacity will be a beacon to all, and they are considerate lovers of immense stamina and inventiveness.”
Gabriel looked puzzled.
“That doesn’t sound very balanced,” he said. “Wales sounds like the perfect place to be!”
God smiled enigmatically. “Wait until you see the bastards I’m putting next to them!”
:p :p :p

Bilbo Baggins
2nd November 2001, 21:12
TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING ENGLISH
1. Two World Wars and One World Cup doo-dah doo-dah.
2. Proper beer.
3. You get to confuse everyone with the rules of cricket.
4. You get to accept defeat graciously in major sporting events
5. Union jack underpants.
6. Water shortages guaranteed every single summer.
7. You can live in the past and imagine you are still a world power.
8. Bathing once a week-whether you need to or not.
9. Ditto changing underwear
10. Beats being Welsh.
10a. Or Scottish

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING WELSH
1. You've got to be having a laugh, haven't you?

dylman
2nd November 2001, 21:32
1. I support Liverpool (duh!:) ) and look at my sig.
2. Proper beer is lager and is mainly Czech.
3. I agree.
4. Have you seen Wales play rugby recently?
5. Oh Yes. Although I personally have a dragon in MY pants:D .
6. We live on an island. How can this happen?
7. We still remember kicking the Romans ass.
8. Same.
9. Same, see above.
10. I am very proud to be Welsh, even prouder not to be English, but I am a very proud British citizen. :cool:

Bilbo Baggins
2nd November 2001, 21:33
Personally, i do not wear any underwear.

being British SUCKS.

dylman
2nd November 2001, 21:38
PS You didn't mention sheep once.
Thank you.

They're beautiful animals and don't deserve the bad press they get.

:D

Bilbo Baggins
2nd November 2001, 21:43
That was a fatal mistake... :p

Goatsecx

:D:D:D

dylman
2nd November 2001, 21:46
You'll get in trouble posting that link.

John M
2nd November 2001, 22:49
TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING ENGLISH
2. Proper beer.
in america, there is 1 oz of alcohol in 12 oz of beer. its a wonder people get drunk off the stuff. NyQuil is stronger :p

Bop
2nd November 2001, 23:06
Uh, you mean VIVE LA FRANCE, right?

viva, vive, vivo, what the hell do i care?

Bilbo Baggins
3rd November 2001, 09:00
Originally posted by dylman
You'll get in trouble posting that link.

What link? (http://www.oralse.cx):eek: (http://www.phapthong.f2s.com)

c2R
3rd November 2001, 10:17
Originally posted by John M
in america, there is 1 oz of alcohol in 12 oz of beer. its a wonder people get drunk off the stuff. NyQuil is stronger :p

hmm, English beer is mankey flat warm ales - to be avoided at all costs. The trouble is, the lager isn't too much better; nowhere near as good as continental stuff

fish
3rd November 2001, 19:01
...stuff...
...:eek:

Side project, Bilbs?

Bilbo Baggins
3rd November 2001, 20:30
Lets just say it is undercutting into my other areas of interest...

rm'
5th November 2001, 18:34
FRANCE ROCKS

Twilightseer
6th November 2001, 07:30
Originally posted by Radioactive Man
FRANCE ROCKS

Would you care to elaborate ?

jns
9th November 2001, 13:33
You speak wisdom. :p